Would you get the new 7" ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wesk702, Aug 4, 2010.

?

Are you looking forward to the 7"

Poll closed Aug 9, 2010.
  1. I have an ipad an prefer my current (10")

191 vote(s)
    75.2%
  2. I have an ipad an would like the smaller (7")

16 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. I don't have an ipad and want the (10")

25 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. I don't have an ipad and want the (7")

22 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

i think i prefer my 10"
    Also what would the price be on the 7's

2. T4R06 macrumors 65816

lol where did you get this info. also no need. i already have a ipad nano and it is much powerful! the iphone 4

yeah

3. Liam8 macrumors 6502

Liam8

4. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

No I wouldn't, I like having a "fullscreen" feeling my ipad gives me. I used to get into the huge droid/EVO type phones when I was younger, but now I like smaller phones, especially that technology has now brought us the wonders of the ipad.

The 7" just feels like way too much of a compromise, not small enough to be ubiquitous like my iphone, and not large enough to be a full screen experience like my ipad.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I'd consider it for my two younger kids.... Thet share a touch right now and use it for some things that would benefit from some more screen space.

6. Relg3! macrumors regular

Relg3!

I would purchase the 10" screen instead. Though the Retina Display
    rumor on the 7" plus the rumored camera is also another ? that can change your decision.

7. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

I'd rather purchase a device with an 11 inch screen. The iPad isn't something you stow away in your back pocket. You most likely have a backpack or dedicated bag for it. I've never looked at the iPad and wished it to be smaller.

8. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

i really don't think that'll apple will split up the app store even more.
    what's wrong with the current 9.7 inch ipad?
    i think the one we have already is the perfect size for a tablet. any smaller would not offer the amazing browsing experience found on the current ipad, and typing on it would really suck.

9. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

well, the 7" iPad would have to offer more than just the smaller size. &" doesn't help me a lot with portability. If the 7 inch version was a lot cheaper (50% cheaper) and had a retina display and had a camera and had twice the battery life I would think about it.

But if it's just a smaller version for essentially the same price I would not buy it.

10. diabolic macrumors 68000

I'd consider it for my kids as well. They do a lot with their iPod Touches, but they always want to use my iPad.

11. iWannaBeAdored macrumors 6502

iWannaBeAdored

There will be no 7" iPad.

iPhone/iPod touch | iPad | Macbook

Apple said the iPad filled in the gap so they won't add in another device between the first two.

12. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I can't see them making a 7" version personally.

13. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I want a 15" Wide-Screen iPad.

I know most other people SHOUT "We Don't Want Widescreen, it would look silly in portrait"

Well guess what, I almost never use my iPad in portrait mode unless an app forces me to.

I WANT WIDESCREEN :)

And a bit larger please, or rather the same height as is now, with about 1.5" added on both ends to make 16:9

14. iThinman macrumors regular

exactely. we are having enough trouble getting app support for the ipad as it is, and now people what to give devs the nightmare of yet another layout/resolution to support?

i'll pass

15. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

I'd love to get a 7" for my dad and mom if the prices were reasonable. Wishfully hoping for $199 but yeah right more like $299.

16. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

How would Apple sell the iPod touch if the iPad were the same price? I know that you people will say that they have different usage, but it isn't about that. It is about orecieved value. If I had no want for the iPad and instead bought a device with. A 3.5" screen, I would feel that I did not get a good deal.
    Imagine ice cream being the same price as steak, when you want ice cream you wou,d feel that you are over paying for it because you could get something much more substantial for the same price.

17. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

No, I like my iPad.

If they were going to introduce a mid size pad, between the touch and current iPad, they would have to beef up the specs on the next full size iPad to differentiate it so they can charge a premium. ie like the iMac range.

Mind you then they would need to come out and state how much RAM and processing power they each had.

18. mrathee macrumors 6502

I prefer the iPad made from unicorn blood.

...What?..... It's not real?

Then why are we talking about it?

19. redscull macrumors 6502a

redscull

Maybe Apple could catch up to decades-old developer tools and work resolution independence into their standard visual controls...

I can't see a real appeal in a 7" iPad. iPod Touch/iPhone solves portability. 10" iPad solves nice big display. The 7" iPad could only hope to appeal to the iPad buyer's market that wants to pay less money but not a lot less money.

20. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Id buy a 7" one to complement my iPad if it was $349 or less.

21. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Would it be a downgrade or would it have the same specs as the iPad is the question. Until we know that, no one can say what they would
    want.

22. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

9to5mac is saying that it would be better than the current iPad with a "Retina" like display and front facing camera.

23. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

9.7" for the "big jobs" and when I can use it. 3.5" for the pockit and doubles as a (sorta :D ) phone. I see no use for a 7" in my life. It's too big to be pocket portable and too small to be the best choice for mags, videos and books.

24. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

The most appealing thing about the iPad is the fact that it's thin AND it's still big enough to type on. The 7" would be too small for me. Just my two cents.