Would you go pouch or shell

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Oct 19, 2011.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

just curious would you just use a leather pouch with shields or would you use a hard shell with a front shield ? Please provide reasons as well. Thanks

2. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I've always used really thin cases with my previous iPhone's but I'm going to use a pouch/sleeve with my 4S this time around.

Cases are great but I really like the look of the phone and thought I'd show it off more this time.

Personal preference all around though, right? Knock on wood, I've never really had close calls or am in situations where I could drop my phone alot. So, the sleeve will be for when I put it in my bag and I'll leave it naked when I'm out and about and keep it in my pants pocket.

3. p0rkch0p macrumors member

thinking of going the pouch route this time around with my 4s. its just too sexy to be covered with a big case. i may pick up a otter box or something for when i need better protection.

4. wellok macrumors 6502

What kind of pouches do you guys plan to use? I don't want leather so I'm torn.

5. trevorplease macrumors regular

http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphone-cases/iphone-cases.php

I have been using the suede jacket sleeve. It is quality for what it does. It doesn't provide drop protection, as you can tell it's only a suede cloth. But it hasn't torn over my multiple instances of clumsiness. Customer Service is great too.

I'm thinking about trying their smart case next.

6. sam2428 macrumors 6502

Agreed with the poster above. First time iPhone owner and I too decided to go with the Water Field suede slip case. I am really liking it for the most part. I bought a very thin case on day one, but had already decided the phone was too sexy to bulk up and hide with a case.

I love this suede case by the way. It looks very classy and neat. The phone is protected from scratches and fits into my pockets without any troubles at all. Also, i would recommend spending the extra 4 dollars for the "pocket" which can be used for holding various things.

The only con i can think of (aside from drop protection...which you should expect before you buy any way) is when I am using navigation in my car, i have to pull it out of the sleeve to use leaving it exposed. I dont like keeping it uncovered in my car just in case something scratches it. I will probably get a windshield holder though to solve that issue.

Attached Files:

7. richxps thread starter macrumors 65816

richxps

Hi Sam, i wanted to follow up and see how well is this SF case holding up ?
    Thanks

8. dgwb macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've always gone for case/pouch and today put my trusty bezacase to rest after using it from 1st generation iPhone. And wrapped my new 4s in the ikonic edge super slim case from NZ and have to say best case I have seen tried and researched, handmade thick leather looks very smart and also very classy. See their web site stunning case with protection .

9. trevorplease macrumors regular

I'm not sam, but I can vouch for the case. It has held up well over the year and still holds it's form.

10. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I really love the iPhone4 design, very sexy, very....glass.

I have a SGP Crystal screen protector = you cannot tell by touch or sight it is on.

However, though I adore the sexiness of a nekked iP4, I have placed mine within the Mophie Juice Pack case. Yes it adds bulk, but it really does provide great battery duration, it gives the phone a feeling of solidity that makes me unafraid to plunk it down on a desk or countertop and best of all, when I accidentally dropped it from 5' onto concrete. The case cracked a bit and when the phone bounced, there was a small gouge on the back and a nick where it WOULD have hit my camera had it been nekked.

I can still charge the phone with the case and there is nary a dent or crack on my phone. this was the first time I have ever dropped my phone.

There was even a small scrape along the ledge that extends just beyond the face of the phone.

Slim cases are pretty for sure but don't offer much drop protection.

WW

11. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Neither and my reason is personal preference. Buy based on your own preference.