Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvdh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2004
Count me in . . .

At the same time that we are talking about tossing the tube (even for a week), the top thread on the Community Discussion is in regards to '24'. I keep wonder what I'm missing since I haven't seen a single episode. Tis the life of TV-less folk like me.

Of note: After being TV-less for who knows how many years, of which 3.5 have been at the current address, I still get a monthly call from the local cable supplier offering free 3 month trials. By now I actually looked forward. Nothing in they're cable marketing 'educations' ever covered the correct response to "I don't own a TV." I've had them say everything from "Oh . . .I'm sorry.", to "Wow" or even straight out laughter.

On the bright side of things, not having a TV sure beats having to participate in those 'lets-recount-and-discuss-every-lame-thing-that-happened-on-last-nights-awful-reality-tv-show' discussions at work in the morning.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
With so many people saying they're giving up TV for the week and the imminent release of Tiger it looks like we're going to be in for even more server issues at MR... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.