Would you have bought the iPhone 6 if it had OIS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SteveJobs2.0, Sep 16, 2014.

1. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

I am wondering how many people here would have bought an iPhone 6 instead of a 6+ if they both had optical image stabilization.That is the one feature that is making me go for 6+.

2. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

If it had OIS, a 1080p screen and a larger battery then I would of got the 6:) because I would of been able to get a 128GB for the same price as a 64GB 6 Plus.

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

No, I went for the plus for the landscape mode and the battery. I doubt I will notice the OIS.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Agreed. The battery was what did it for me.

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I went because of the battery, but the OIS and 1080p screen definitely made my decision easier.

6. cleirac macrumors 6502

Yes.

Order of importance for me - in addition to being an Apple and it's entire iOS ecosystem:

1. Camera
    2. Screen / Hardware Size / Battery Life
    3. Screen Display / Performance / Specs
    4. Extra Features / Easter Eggs :D

Totally different list when considering an iPhone vs. others.

What did it for me? The camera and it looks like Apple nailed it with screen size / design - retaining that iconic Apple'sh bezel thus, distinguishing it instantly vs. other non-iDevices; for it's lightness and thinness / width and volume - it looks like perfect fit for me (a big challenge for my pockets and fashion looks but I have solutions or way around to this, so let's see).

7. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Nope. For me it was all about the screen size.

8. SteveJobs2.0 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree that the larger battery sounds now in principal since my main issue with my iPhone 5 is that I have to constantly be aware of my remaining batter life. However, I feel that the real world difference in battery life between iphone 6 and 6+ will be minor due to the additional drain of the larger screen.

9. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

10. zetti macrumors 6502a

zetti

Not sure, OIS was one of the main reasons I chose to get 6 plus but I also wanted bigger screen and battery. :)

11. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

If the 6 had OIS, a 5.5" screen, and a larger battery, then, I'd have bought a 6....wait a minute!

12. Makala macrumors regular

13. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I would have bought the iPhone 6 in every situation unless the 6 Plus provided features that differentiated itself. Where are the split screen apps?

14. PTLove macrumors 6502

No. In most cases OIS has no large advantage. Most of the time your standing still and the advantage is less. It would have been nice though, sure.

15. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I am worried about the screen / handset size being to big. And after my two kids took control of our iPad I ended up getting a Mini Retina w/ cellular. So I may not need the bigger screen except for the fact that I always have my phone and I don't always have the iPad.

But in order of importance:

1. Battery life
    2a. OIS
    2b. Larger screen for videos, web pages, etc. 1080p yay!
    (these two are tied)
    3. Extra features like landscape springboard, side by side messages, and other landscape app bonuses.

I also upgrade on subsidized pricing any had my 5 for 2 years as I did my 4 and 3G before that. So I know that this is my iPhone for the next 2 years.

Biggest feature I can't wait to use though is Touch ID, especially since 1Password is integrating it with iOS 8, and iOS 8 will allow 1Password to operate inside Safari rather than the app based browser.

16. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

If I wanted the 5.5" over the 4.7", it wouldn't be about OIS. I don't really take pictures or videos so its not a big deal.

iPhone 6
    -4.7" portability
    -One hand use

iPhone 6 Plus
    -1080p display
    -Better battery

17. Gooberton macrumors 65816

Nope
    I want the better battery and the 2 gb of ram

18. malevolant macrumors 6502

Eh...it would have been closer.

While the camera is the main reason for me to get the +, I also wanted 1080p, the larger screen, and landscape mode.

19. Braddrum macrumors regular

Braddrum

At least you got 50% of what you wanted ;)

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Someone already did a poll on this and the biggest factor is the battery.

21. AgentElliot007 macrumors 6502

The only thing that has made me even think about the plus is the OIS. I just can't wrap my head around a phone that big though. I'd get another 4" if I had the option of the 6 in that size. But the camera is really important to me...still think I'm just going to go with the 6 though.

22. desertrat23 macrumors member

Agreed. I wanted portability and something I could put comfortably in my pocket. The 6+ is just too darn big for me.