Would you install the Skinomi or the BodyGuardz?

coolnwo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I have both sitting in front of me. Which one would you install if you had the choice? Also would you install the front protector or would you get a real one from PS or SPIGEN?

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I got a skinomi and it sucks its short by a hair all around, ordering BSE instead.

I didn't use the front screen protector got a SGP Crystal and love it, the wet installs for the front aren't good kills retina screen.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I got a skinomi and it sucks its short by a hair all around, ordering BSE instead.

I didn't use the front screen protector got a SGP Crystal and love it, the wet installs for the front aren't good kills retina screen.
Why don't you ask them for a replacement then?

Neil22

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2011
Short is good for those that use a case that sometimes pushes on the side of screen protector and cause them to bubble up around the edges.

I received my Skinomi yesterday and will install it tonight. I'll see about posting pictures

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Why don't you ask them for a replacement then?
I haven't because I think it's just how they intended to make it. It isn't super short but just a tad. I know icarbon does their skins this way as well its most likely so you could use a case with it. If I ask for a replacement it'll most likely be the same maybe I'll ask for a refund was only 4 bucks though.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Short is good for those that use a case that sometimes pushes on the side of screen protector and cause them to bubble up around the edges.

I received my Skinomi yesterday and will install it tonight. I'll see about posting pictures
Can you verify that it is indeed a bit short all around specifically talking about the back? Also did yours come with a shield for the area near the speakers and USB plug? mine didn't

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
I received my skinomi yesterday and was able to install it with no issues. I'll take some pics tonight. My advise is plan which piece goes where first especially the ones on the side.

Also, unlike the others, the back is one piece which is great. No lines or bubbles so far.