Would you like an "Apple Media Store" app?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by LordQ, Apr 25, 2017.

1. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

We all loathe the way iTunes in iOS and macOS is a bloated mess. Would you like if Apple splits everything for easier navigation?

Have an Apple Music app exclusively for music library, music navigation, music discovery and music purchasing, App Store app as usual; and the "Apple Media Store" app for purchasing videos, podcasts, books and why not, even MacBooks, iPhones, etc. Technically merging the Apple Store with iTunes and leave Apple Music on its own.

OR have the Videos, Apple Music, iBooks and Podcasts have their own store and kill iTunes?

2. Threejw macrumors member

Threejw

Podcasts
    iBooks
    Apple Music
    Apple TV
    App store
    Hardware Store

Each its own app... and apple is getting there slowly

3. LordQ thread starter Suspended

LordQ

Well, iBooks and TV have the store embedded, not sure about Apple Music or Podcasts as I don't use them. But I think it's time for iTunes to die and have each service its own store.

4. eatrains macrumors regular

On macOS and iOS:

Music: music library, store, Apple Music
    TV: video library, store
    Photos: photo library
    Podcasts: library, store
    iBooks: library, store
    App Store: library, store

Only question is how/where to handle syncing and device management.

5. LordQ thread starter Suspended

LordQ

Good question, didn't realize people still used the ancient syncing method. Maybe under System Preferences or the Finder on macOS?

6. eatrains macrumors regular

Don't forget Windows. Plus Apple still sells and supports iPods (back to the original, I believe), and outside of the touch they depend on syncing.

7. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

I'd be so glad to have everything in iTunes, but 'iTunes' probably doesn't make sense for books (it already doesn't make sense for apps and videos).