Would you like Apple to Include A Color Management/Profile App/System Pref For iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrwonkers, May 11, 2012.

?

Would you like Apple to Include A Color Management/Profile App/System Pref For iPad?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. mrwonkers macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

5-1-12.jpeg

With color tint between identically spec iPad screens being quite different would users like to see the introduction of a Color Management/Profile App/System preference for iPad?

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

If a color cast is even across the entire screen, calibration could help to an extent in mild cases of shift.

But many of the screen complaints have been about uneven color blotches and darkened areas. Calibration obviously won't help that this much.

Also, calibration relies on tweaking the information that the RGB pixels relay to your eye. If the color issues are rooted in problems with the various coatings used on the LCD surface or the on inside of the glass, or both, calibrating it may be useless at worst, and vaguely effective at best.

Swinging the pink screen in your photo to a more neutral place, if the LCD surface or glass is the pink culprit, would require some major changes.

3. mrwonkers thread starter macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

I wrote color tint not screen complaints about uneven color blotches and darkened areas, sorry if you failed to read the original post.

4. mcdj, May 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012

mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Umm, not sure what flew up your dress, but I wrote one small line about blotchy color and dark spots. Sorry I ruined your entire life. It happens to be as big or bigger an issue as screens with different tints, in case you haven't read the forum in the past month. And I mentioned it because some people with blotchy screens may erroneously think a calibration option might alleviate the blotchiness.

The rest of my post addresses calibration in general, and is relevant to your ultra specific poll, boss. Sorry if you failed to read my entire reply.

5. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

I for one would like a colour management profile for IOS, I use it on most LCD displays I look at including my house phone, my TVs my computer screens and my sat nav in my car, why do Apple insist on giving us what they want and think is best even when they can't get an even tint across all devices using the same display tech.

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

Willing to suggest that 99% of users wouldn't ever use this.

7. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Would be nice considering the screen how covers over 94% of the sRGB color gamut.

But I am only saying this as a photographer and someone who works with color.