Would you like to see the same design on the next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Jun 23, 2010.

?

Would you like to see the same design on the next iPhone?

1. Yes, A whole new design

20.4%
  2. No, Keep it the same

37.0%
  3. Slightly modified

42.6%
  1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Would like the iPhone 4 design to be on the next iPhone
    Me: I would consider they change the back of the iPhone and the antenna
    you?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I'm glad to see more metal and less plastic in the iPhone design once again. I liked the original, and just sorta "got used" to the 3G/3GS design, but this is a worthy update.

3. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

yes, i've seen iFixyouri's video of dropping the phone

yikes :eek:

4. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

yes but not because I don't like the new design but it's Apple, I'm sure they will come up with new design in the future and that's what I like about them.;)

5. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

I answered no. I absolutely love this new design and I almost feel like a redesign would be like when the design changed from the first iPhone to the 3G. It wasn't as good.

I will say though, that when I saw the iPad, one of my first thoughts was "Wow, that design would make a beautiful iPhone." Imagine the full aluminum back and sides with black Apple on the back, matching the design of the iPad. I think that would look wonderful. But now that I have seen this design and have the thing in my hands, I think it's one of the most beautifully designed electronic devices I have owned. I always felt like the 3G and 3GS felt so cheapened, but this thing is solid and looks and feels great.

6. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I think the 4th-gen iPod touch may look more like an iPad.

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I'd like them to choose function over form for the back of it and get rid of that stupid glass.

8. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

I'd like to see a thin slab of clear material with icons on it. I've seen this as a design (fake or foreign and real) somewhere on the web. It was super sweet, and something I'd expect from Apple.

I'll wait to get this one in my hand to criticize, but prior to the side-by-side photo reviews, the 4 looked just like the older ones to me. My wish - more screen space.

9. Savor Suspended

Savor

Since I will likely not get next year's iPhone, I personally don't care. I would like to see a slightly modified just to differentiate each version and make the 4 model feel "special" on its own. 3G and 3GS didn't look any different.

If the reception problems persists, then a new design would do some good too. At this point, I don't care what it really looks like next year. It is a damn phone I use as a tool, not jewelry I want to coddle and polish every day when millions of people have the same thing like I do. Function first. Form factor later.