Would you pre-order again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by notjustgc, Jun 22, 2009.

?

Will you pre-order again?

1. I pre-ordered from Apple, and I'll do it again.

56 vote(s)
    54.9%
  2. I pre-ordered from Apple, but never again!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I pre-ordered from AT&T, and I'll do it again.

17 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I pre-ordered from AT&T, but never again!

9 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. I didn't pre-order this time, but I will next time.

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. I didn't pre-order this time, and I won't next time.

13 vote(s)
    12.7%
  1. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

Mostly for those of you who pre-ordered the 3G S... were you happy enough with the experience to do it again next time around, or did you miss the thrill of waking up at 4AM to go stand in line on iDay?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Do "thrill" and "waking up at 4 am" belong in the same sentence?

3. xxshawnxx macrumors member

Would I pre-order from the ATT premier website again? Hell no. The inaccurate responses I received from their customer service staff is so inconsistent it's embarrassing.

4. jaycebeasley macrumors newbie

jaycebeasley

Largely inaccurate and mostly non-existent information from AT&T Premier websites and reps---Never again.

5. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I actually pre-ordered from Best Buy Mobile and would definitely do it again. No lines and I walked right in and got it at 3pm.

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I pre-ordered from Apple, worked out better then I thought. I will so do it again. Next year? :rolleyes:

7. dabigone macrumors regular

Waking up previously at 4AM was a necessity, not an option. I'll take a pre order any time over that.

8. The General macrumors 601

I would do it again. I formed the line at midnight for the 3G S. It was a lot of fun.

9. titaniummd macrumors member

I pre-ordered; especially since I had the older 3G to exchange for the 32 GB 3G S.

I am glad I did. Everything is better, to me.:apple:

10. pablo7 macrumors 6502

I pre-ordered from apple and would do so again....except I just got home from the Apple store with a replacement white 16 3g s for case cracks around the headphone port sim tray and sleep button...the new one seems ok just a llite more yellow at the bottom of the screen than my old one..:rolleyes:

11. flakes macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered from Apple and my UPS driver called me around 7:45 am to tell me that he had the phone and was leaving their facility with it and wanted me to know that he would be in my neighborhood around 9:30, he pulled up in front of my house at 9:40, I couldn't ask for a better experience. It took me about 10 minutes to back up the old phone and activate and sync the new one.

12. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

I will pre-order next year and try my luck on getting TWO iPhones for the price of one just as a couple of members did. :D

13. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I didn't pre-order. I waited until Sunday and then went to my local Apple store, walked in and asked the Genius if there were any 32GB phones available. There was, and I was in and out of the store in less than 15 minutes total.

I want to have the latest/newest but I can wait a few days.

14. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I did not but I will 100% do it for the next phone.

I found that everyone whom I know that did pre-order got their phone on the correct day.

Much easier for me than the last 2 phones where going to Apple/AT&T took time off work which was a bit of a pain for me

15. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Also, I guess it depends how big the launch is. Camping all night or getting up early can be fun if the launch is big as last year and there are so many fellow iPhone users around.

16. veritech137 macrumors newbie

I ordered from ATT and i would do it again... great experience.

17. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

I preordered from Apple and would definitely do it again. It was a bit nerve racking considering they didn't ship mine until the day before but it turned out great. I wish they wouldn't use Fedex next time! Fedex is terrible in my area.

18. Surely Guest

Surely

I forgot.....

I didn't pre-order. I won't next time either.

I simply went to the Apple Store in Century City at 3 PM on Sunday, waited outside in line for 5 minutes behind only 3 people, got into the store, and walked out with my iPhone in 25 minutes.

Easy.

19. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

20. dagomike macrumors 65816

Pre-ordered in store at ATT. It worked out great. I hope Apple/ATT do pre-orders for my next iPhone.

21. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I preordered from AT&T and was the sixth person in line at 8 AM. My time in line was approximately four minutes which didn't go unnoticed by the folks who had not preordered. :D

22. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

At first I was not happy with ordering from ATT Premier because of the lack of updates. But, in the end, I was very satisfied. I got it at 11AM Friday. I will probably order from ATT again.

23. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Hell yes I would.

Last year I waited in line 3 hours only to walk away without the phone I was waiting for and had to wait in line later that night to get a 16GB, then I had to stand in the Apple store for 3 hours working on my FAN discount problems and activation crap.

This time at work I was sitting at my desk, drinking some coffee and eating a muffin when at 10:30 UPS delivered a nice little box to me.

Pre Order all the way.