Would you preorder a case next launch?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bkitchen0406, Mar 26, 2012.

1. bkitchen0406 macrumors member

For those that really like cases. I never thought about case shortages. I have the hex code folio preordered now. Next launch I will preorder a case way ahead of time. All the good cases sold out the first day.

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Nope I use a smart cover.

3. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Yes. I'm highly annoyed that there are not more cases to choose from now.

I prefer a folio type case.

4. elmo151 Guest

there are dozens if not hundreds

5. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I am very particular. Don't like the portfolios that cover the front bezel and those are the ones that fit ipad3. I prefer the form fitting cases.

6. bkitchen0406 thread starter macrumors member

The good ones all sold out. I looked pretty hard. There are a bunch of crap ones left.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Hard to pre order a case when it seemed as though most manufacturers weren't aware of the slight design change. If you're preordering then you're lining up for a product that doesn't even exist, which would be tough. You could be waiting longer than you would if you just bought a case today.

There are many options out there today. May not be as many as there were for the other iPads but you're just over a week past launch so what can anyone really expect?

8. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

What he ^ said. How can anyone pre order a case when the newer(s) iPad next year is unknown to anyone or what it will even look like until launch ? :confused:

9. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I think most of the new iPad cases were actually iPad 2 cases that were re-labeled. Tekserve had a selection of iPad 2 cases that they said worked with the new iPad. I bought one, but it simply didn't well at all. I took it back and ordered Lexington from Incipio. I hope it's ok.