Would you purchase a High Quality Case for $99.99 if it had every function you want

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ZooGue, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZooGue macrumors member

Hello everyone, would you pay $99.99 for an iPad case if it was very high quality and had every function that you ever wanted?

Thank You

Tim Angel
    Owner
    ZooGue

2. steel magnolia macrumors regular

Of course! It would really have to meet ALL my needs and be great quality.

Patty

3. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

It's a case. What functions would I want other than protection. To answer your question; no!

4. MorganK macrumors regular

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

My ideal case would be the SGP Vintage Leather, only with the stand capability of the official case and made with some additional leather options.

I normally hate folio cases, but a screen as large as that of iPad demands one, and their ability to function as a stand for typing makes them even more worthwhile.

The trouble with nearly every folio case I've seen is that the bottom/back is made up of one flat piece of leather; this is how the Eco-vue, Incase, Griffin, all the cheap eBay cases, etc are constructed. This is fine if the device is consistently sized, but the edges of iPad are half as thick as the middle. What's needed is a snap on case fused with a folio-style cover.

Only a few cases do this--the Macally Bookstand, Xgear Folio, SGP Vintage Leather are all I can think of. All of those have downsides, and none are readily available.

In answer to your question, I'd pay $99 for a high-end leather case that matches what I've outlined above.

7. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
  8. jkrutch macrumors regular

IF it were worth it and met all of my needs....yes. High quality leather, protection against drops (especially on the edges), a few different stand angles (properly integrated into the case itself), thin form factor, folio design to protect the screen when not in use, all edges 100% covered.

Essentially a better quality version of the Apple design with extra protection against drops. Are you making one? Do you have any prototypes to post? Or are you in the R&D stages?

9. LadyHoneyBabe macrumors 6502

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

11. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I would consider it. Probably no though, a lot of good looking cases in the 40-70 dollar range.

12. kutsushita macrumors regular

kutsushita

13. itzcoolz macrumors regular

i am willing to pay money for products (have purchased the following for my iPad: 50 for marware eco-vue, 50 for skooba netbook messenger bag, 50 for STM Scout Micro messenger bag, 55 for Skadoosh iPad Stand), but 100 is simply too much. if the case was everything i wanted, 75 would be the most i would pay.

in terms of features it would have to have (for me to shell out $75), screensaver and jkrutch hit it on the head:
    - thinness (no thicker or heavier than the marware eco-vue; thinner would be preferred)
    - stand-capabilities (something that propped it up for typing, like the eco-vue or apple case)
    - folio style
    - fit that accommodates the curve of the ipad, but would also accommodate an invisible shield or film
    - appropriate coverage of sides

14. arcangel6 macrumors regular

arcangel6

Why the question Tim? Has the cost of making your case increased or are you planning a second model?

Your previous posts to this forum indicate that you are VERY close to shipping your ZooGue case. If that is true then you need to let folks see your case. Even if someone is going to try to jump your design after you post images there is no way they could do it so quickly and beat you to the punch. Plus, the potential for that happening is pretty high since you are using China for production. They are infamous for making knock offs and nothing you can do will protect you from this. Going to China to produce a 'secret' design is like asking a hungry Grizzly bear to watch your beef.

Post images of your case on your ZooGue web site already! Let us see the case and why it is supposed to be so much better than anything else out there. I would like to see you do well considering your investment and dedication.

Regards,

Joe

15. itzcoolz macrumors regular

checked your site, sounds like an interesting idea. i'm skeptical without a doubt, but i hope the best for you, and i'm eager to see what your case is all about. keep us updated (i also followed you on twitter). it also sounds like your case might not be a folio case, which i'd still be interested in, if it were as innovative as you are saying it is.

i would still highly suggest lowering the pricepoint to the 60-75 range. Smaller startups like DodoCase are finding lots of success in that price range.

16. chriszzz macrumors 6502

No.

$100 is ridiculously high for a case, regardless of its functions/features.

17. steel magnolia macrumors regular

Let's see, I have tried the Apple case, the Belkin Grip Vue, and the SwitchEasy Nude...send me your case, I'll be your product tester and tell you if it's worth 99.00 !

Patty:)

18. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

True....

And opinions of high quality cases will vary. I myself would like a case that was very much like the Apple iPad case that had the functions of the Cloak case - and at the price point of $99 it would have to be leather for the most part.

Attached Files:

19. sracer macrumors 604

sracer

I'd only pay $100 for a case if the casemaker's logo was embossed on the entire cover of the case.

20. Apple all life macrumors 6502

and if it was made of $100 dollar bills.

21. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

22. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

Sure. Anyone who will drop $829 on an unnecessary toy that is either an underfeatured laptop or an oversized iTouch would certainly spend $100 on a good case. That's what people will tip the waiter at a good meal. Not like its big money.

BJ

23. Macdicted macrumors regular

They are nice ..... But over priced IMO .

24. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Sure I'm looking at a vaja at this point after trying many and returning all.

Probably won't wait till this mysterious case of yours comes out especially when there are no photos of it. I also don't believe there is one perfect case, like anything else everyone has their own needs and ideas on what this might be, and god knows everyone has different taste, and most if it isn't any good anyway!

25. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I still don't think that for the money, you will not get anything better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.