Would you purchase iPad pro with apple pencil holder/drawer?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pat500000, Sep 11, 2015.

1. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

If apple redesigned the iPad pro so that there is a little slot/drawer that you could put it in...would you?
    I think I will because I wouldn't have to lose that pencil. Of course the size will be compromise...but i rather have that then losing that pencil.

2. fob macrumors member

fob

I can totally see apple moving into biotech and embed pencils into professionals' hands no one ever have to get em out, put em away, and loose em again.

3. pat500000 thread starter macrumors 604

pat500000

that's what i'm saying...maybe for next gen of pro version.

4. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Surprised the stylus did not store itself inside the ipad pro just like the Apple Newton which was a good design.

5. pat500000 thread starter macrumors 604

pat500000

yeah, huh? I was thinking more of a rechargeable inner slot.

6. Rogifan Suspended

Rogifan

That would be one thin pencil though...

7. pat500000 thread starter macrumors 604

pat500000

unless they compromise the thinness and make it thicker to have that feature.

8. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

I agree, hard to draw with a toothpick :), but in the same concept as the newton, why not have the pen stored in the keyboard unit which could also recharge it.

9. appleforme macrumors member

I'd be satisfied with a case with a "pencil" holder. I have a feeling 3rd parties will be jumping all over this ;)

10. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I wonder if the Pencil at least has magnets in it to lightly hold it on the on/off magnets in the sides of the iPad? A lot of the third party styli have features like that, not that it's advisable to just leave the stylus hanging there ready to roll off with any sort of momentum... but at least it wouldn't roll off should you put the tablet down.

11. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

I've never lost any of my other expensive styluses, I doubt I'd lose this.. :)

I suspect it'll have some sort of little case that comes with it, like the Wacom iPad styluses do.. With a replaceable tip that could probably get damaged in your pocket, and a charger cap that slides off it seems a good idea.

If it doesn't, as mentioned above there'll be 3rd party cases with slots, or elastic loops, etc.

12. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

slides out Wolverine style?

13. rowspaxe macrumors 68000

rowspaxe

I am having my Mom stitch the pencil onto my Mittens, which are stitched to my coat cuffs.