Would you recommend the Shure SE530?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thechungster, Dec 12, 2008.

1. thechungster macrumors regular

I have a pair of SE110's, yet I want to go even better. Looking at reviews they are recommended, but I need more of a personal view of them and their reliability. If you don't like these, what would be a good alternate option.
    [​IMG]

2. MBAir macrumors member

Definitely go for it.

I have a pair of SE530 myself, life couldn't be any better.

Don't get the PTH though, it's pretty bulky and useless. Make sure to get the MPA-3C adapter along with the earphones.

I've had the 530's for like 3 months now. Heard the wires wear with time, however, haven't faces such issues so far.

-M

3. iAmBeer macrumors newbie

I've used it since it was e500 and I updated it to se530 when the wire
    was cracked. You will see the improvment of sound quaility from
    se530 when compare to se110 and I bet you will love it... :D

4. thechungster thread starter macrumors regular

I think I will get it since I talk a lot to friends, and don't want to take out my headphone, put it back in, let the foam get into shape, take it back out when someone wants to talk to me etc... Really tedious when doing this procedure day by day. :p

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Why won't sure fix this :(. Their headphones are absolutely wonderful but they can't get the simple casing on their wires right.

6. thechungster thread starter macrumors regular

I've had my Shure SE110 for 10 months now, yet the wire hasn't broke yet :/
    Luckily the SE530 do come with 2 years warranty, so I guess that's a bonus

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Yeah it doesn't seem to affect everyone :). Shure are great at honouring their warranties. I've had my SE210s for less than a year and they're going back to be replaced for the third time. They usually start to split after a month even though I treat them with utmost care and always case them. I'm a bit bitter because for each warranty repair I end up being without my headphones for a week and it costs me ~$10 postage as I have to post them in :(. But as I said great headphones :).

8. thechungster thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, I must be lucky then :D What about the UE triple fi 10? Are they better than the SE530, or are they quite evenly matched? For some reason, if I had to choose between those 2, my initial instinct would go to the Shures. :confused:

9. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

+1 on this thread because I'm looking at these se530s also. It's a huge step up for a first pair but if I can find the right price, I'm willing to look into these.

Good reviews so far, and even though people have to get warranty work done (rarely), they're still damn happy with them and that to me says something...

10. spikedfo macrumors regular

+1. my friend got this and i tried it. really great.

11. ceres macrumors regular

Depends on your personal preference. I for one think that the TF10 have better baseline SQ but their poor fit makes them impossible to wear.
    Also, at suggested retail they are too expensive. At around 250-300 USD, the SE 530 are fairly priced.

12. JasonK macrumors member

I just purchased a pair from a company called stream line audio. They are a brick and mortar shop in Seattle that has a website saying they will meet or beat any price. I called up and they told me initially that they were selling them for $349. I asked them about the deal and they honored a price of $279 AND gave me free shipping. The key here is that they are a Shure authorized dealer. Other places online will sell you them for cheaper, but you might not be able to have Shure honor the warentee (I have read that some people received their phones with the serial # removed).
    These guys shipped same day.

13. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

This is interesting...how did you get them to match $279? I'll go with this site over eBay in a second but need to be armed with all the information as possible. I'm seriously looking into getting these.

14. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Like what MadDog said, could you elaborate more? I'm here from Seattle but I don't really know how you brought that price down.