Would you recommend this?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by AppleMan2015, Oct 27, 2015.

1. AppleMan2015 macrumors regular

AppleMan2015

Would anyone recommend buying a mac Pro on ebay or Craigslist? Ebay has buyer protection, so it might be worth it.

Thoughts, experiences?

2. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

I suggest you get it from apple.com. You don't want to buy from Ebay because there have been reports that people would sending the product to their location and make eBay people think they already sent their products to you. Go to craigslist...you might end up with broken stuff...or thugs waiting to rob you and beat you down like bean bag.

3. DPUser macrumors 6502a

Macofalltrades.com

Craigslist can be the best.

4. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

If you do your due diligence on eBay you can be fine. I sold my modified 5,1 on eBay (a decision I have regretted sometimes as I miss it) and as a Seller, the transaction was flawless.

If buying vie eBay I would strongly advise looking for sales where the original Apple box is offered as it protects the lower feet from damage in shipping.

For Craigslist/Gumtree, just bring a couple of friends with you on the pretense that the MP is heavy and they are there to help lug it around.

5. AppleMan2015 thread starter macrumors regular

AppleMan2015

Craigslist is not like that at all as far as thugs etc.

6. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Yeah craigslist is generally very safe. I've never run into issues with it and people have always been nice and friendly. Just make sure you agree on price beforehand.

7. AppleMan2015 thread starter macrumors regular

AppleMan2015

Exactly. I've always had positive experiences