Would you recommend Vonage or something else?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yojitani, Feb 14, 2009.

1. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Title pretty much sums this one up. I recently changed back to a 'regular phone' provider from mediacom Voip. Neither one is that great price-wise so I'm thinking about trying Vonage. There are lots of review sites out there, but few that I trust.

Calling needs: mostly local, but about twice a week to Japan, once a week to England, once a month to Canada, once a month to Australia.

2. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Vonage works well for us, however you may want to check on the health of the company in this turbulent time. Regardless I imagine if they did fail, their subscriber base would most likely be sold to some other provider.

Another option is a paid Skype account, and you can get VOIP phones that work for that service.

3. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

Vonage has been excellent for me too. Good quality, good hardware, excellent features.

4. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani

Thanks. The skype phones don't seem like they'd really be suitable. I'm thinking that I may just go back to mediacom's VOIP since they take money off for bundling with another service. I'll have to do a full price calculation.