Would you return? or deal with this?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by studIOS5, Feb 16, 2015.

1. studIOS5 macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

Quick question for you all. I recently got a mid-2014 rmbp and I feel like the right side of the screen is more yellow than the left side of the screen. The thing that made me notice it first was the various clickable options near the address bar. My question is, do all of your rmbp look like this? Should I wait and see if the right side gets more white? or should I exchange this one?

Attached Files:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're not happy with it, then return it.

My rMBP's color is uniform and non-yellow. Some displays do tend to have a yellow cast to them, and it seems to be displeasing to most people (mine doesn't have this).

3. studIOS5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

Honestly, I feel like I would be fine if the color was at least uniform. However, on the other side of the coin, I could end up with a machine that has worse issues (dead pixels, bright spots, etc). Im very torn. I don't do any work on my mac having to do with photos or videos but it is something I notice, but only on bright white backgrounds.

4. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

I am not having that issue. I would recommend before you return it to calibrate your screen, I prefer the cool blue vs the warm yellow.

5. Stacked macrumors regular

Got my Mid 2014 rMBP 2 days ago and had the same issue except it was on the left side of my screen. Just like you said I noticed it right away on the icons along the address bar. Took it back, asked for an exchange and got a perfect display imo. Take it back !

6. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto