Would you return this or am I being too picky?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xMBPx, Mar 27, 2012.

1. xMBPx macrumors regular

Ever since i got the new iPad I haven't really been impressed with my screen as much as others said they were with theirs. I can't help but think maybe my screen is not correct. It's always felt too warm to me, and the yellow tint has not gone away. I am running out of time before the 14 days is up, so I need to make my decision fast.. i have no more time to wait for this "glue to cure" :(

I really want the iPad, I just want it to be right. I paid a lot of money for it and I want to be happy with it. I'm not happy with it right now, but I'm afraid if I return it for a new one I might get a worse version. This just doesn't feel like the apple quality I'm used to.

Here is a few pictures I took of it with a black picture open in the dark. You can also see it has light bleeding on the corners :-\

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any advice is welcome... thanks

2. ghett0tech macrumors member

take it back and swap it out. that's clearly not normal

3. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

That light bleed is pretty severe, I'd say return it. You paid good money and deserve better than that.

4. trek360 macrumors 6502

5. elmo151 Guest

make a visit to a genius bar and see what they think

6. Sdreed91 macrumors 6502

I would return that and then open it and inspect it before you leave the Apple store.

7. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I would return it but I would probably guarantee that half of the ipads have this issue. It's only a problem when you notice it.

It's light, it naturally tries to bleed. You paid $600 for the whole package. Not just the screen. It's like issues with dead pixels. one dead pixel in 3.1 Million is a .99999999999997 success rate. Live with it and stop being so whiny. It won't matter in a year when your ass will drop it for ipad 4, 5, 6,7 ,8 9, 10.

But yeah, do what you want to do.

8. xMBPx thread starter macrumors regular

I paid $600 for a touch-screen. All a tablet is is a screen. There is no keyboard, no track pad, etc. Therefore, yes- I want my screen to be perfect. Apple is all about quality, I shouldn't have to settle with a brand new product.

Your snooty reply just pushed me over the edge to hit the return button, thanks!

9. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

No. YOu paid $600 for the SOC chip. THe wifi model. The 11,000mAh Batter. The glass front. The screen. The camera front and back. The aluminum back. The R&D costs and Marketing overhead costs. The Connect module, the Flash memory. The option 4G module include GPS.

The screen in which you are complaing when its completely back is leaking light when especially when this type of technology will not create the darkest blacks is ridiculous.

Your mind is going completely insane. It's not even worth the hassle. If it bothers you that much ...do it. But if i'm talking to a dude that is on their 3rd ipad. GTFO. I don't care what problems you have. God is saying don't get an ipad then.

10. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

11. Booloo macrumors regular

Booloo

Cameras always pick up weird lighting when taking pictures of an illuminated screen in the dark. I think your screen looks much much better than many of the ones shown on this website. I personally think you're being a little over the top. Compare pictures to the iPad 2's when they came out. People would kill for your screen.

12. sekazi macrumors 6502

100% agree.

Look for flaws and you will find a flaw in every single iPad out there.

13. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

I certainly wouldn't "kill" for it. The yellowing isn't major, but that backlight bleed is a deal breaker, very distracting.

14. Booloo macrumors regular

Booloo

15. sekazi macrumors 6502

Detracting when? Looking at a black screen?

16. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

This is what happens when poor people buy expensive things.

17. It'sMyPrecious macrumors regular

For those of you who said the light bleed is pretty severe, were you talking about the vertical streak of light in the second photo? I've been looking at it - isn't that just a reflection from a light source somewhere in the room? If that's the case, then there's no backlight bleeding, unless you're worried about the slightly orange tint at the corner? All of them have somewhat of a tint when you view a black screen in a dark room.

I must admit, I am picky too, but as long as the iPad's slight imperfections do not affect everyday use, I am fine with it.

18. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Doesn't look bad... It is an IPS LCD, not an OLED afterall.

Looks Normal but hard to tell in photos, cameras are crap at imaging lit displays accurately.

19. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

Yes, the vertical streak of light in the second photo, if that is just a reflection then by all means keep the iPad, there are far worse.

Thanks for pointing that out.

20. Booloo macrumors regular

Booloo

Yea you're probably right. I thought it was obvious since the light comes after the bezel.

21. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

That 'light streak' is a reflection off smart cover hinge, its outside the bezel's border whatever it is.

22. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Do you always stare at a black screen on your iPad? If so, get a life.