Would you sell MBP CD 2.16 for MBP Santa Rosa?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by djpl, Jun 11, 2007.

1. djpl macrumors member

Hi everyone... well I've had my Yonah-based 2.16GHZ MBP for a little over a year now and it's working well for me, but I'm wondering if maybe I should upgrade to the 2.2GHz Santa Rosa MBP. I wouldn't get the 2.4GHz since Barefeats found there's only a 9% speed increase and you pay $500 more (I already have a 160GB 7200 RPM drive I could put in the new machine).

I use my MacBook Pro primarily for Logic Pro and digital DJing, and of course mail, Internet, etc. Not sure what I could get for my computer on eBay, but a few were going for about $600 but bidding isn't over. Any ideas what you think my machine is worth and if the delta for a new one is worth upgrading, or would I be better off holding onto my machine a while longer and waiting for yet another upgrade to come?

Thanks!

2. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

If it's working well for you, why change it? ;)

3. djpl thread starter macrumors member

Well, I'm just thinking since mine is 32-bit when Leopard comes out maybe I will be missing out on some significant speed improvements with Logic, etc.

4. yodermk macrumors member

I say at least wait for the Penryn version, probably early 2008. That way you also get Leopard "free".