Would you sell MBP CD 2.16 for MBP Santa Rosa?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by djpl, Jun 11, 2007.

  1. djpl macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2007
    #1
    Hi everyone... well I've had my Yonah-based 2.16GHZ MBP for a little over a year now and it's working well for me, but I'm wondering if maybe I should upgrade to the 2.2GHz Santa Rosa MBP. I wouldn't get the 2.4GHz since Barefeats found there's only a 9% speed increase and you pay $500 more (I already have a 160GB 7200 RPM drive I could put in the new machine).

    I use my MacBook Pro primarily for Logic Pro and digital DJing, and of course mail, Internet, etc. Not sure what I could get for my computer on eBay, but a few were going for about $600 but bidding isn't over. Any ideas what you think my machine is worth and if the delta for a new one is worth upgrading, or would I be better off holding onto my machine a while longer and waiting for yet another upgrade to come?

    Thanks!
     
  2. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2001
    Location:
    Philadelphia, PA
    #2
    If it's working well for you, why change it? ;)
     
  3. djpl thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2007
    #3
    Well, I'm just thinking since mine is 32-bit when Leopard comes out maybe I will be missing out on some significant speed improvements with Logic, etc.
     
  4. yodermk macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 13, 2006
    #4
    I say at least wait for the Penryn version, probably early 2008. That way you also get Leopard "free".
     

Share This Page