Would you settle for an iPhone 6 if you waited in line and the iPhone 6+ was sold out

kcjohn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
101
5
Kansas City, Mo
Right now it's hard to say, you almost think that you would need to come away with something even though it might not be what you wanted hard to tell though what I would do.
 

cambookpro

Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
6,665
2,113
United Kingdom
You'll be using this for at least a year, probably two. Why compromise for the sake of three weeks wait?

The iPhone you want isn't going to magically not work if you don't get it on 19/9. It's be nice if you could, but it's hardly worth compromising for.
 
Comment

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
2,751
870
AZ/10.0.1.1
No I would wait until I could get the Plus. Of course I'm not camping out either, but this is a hypothetical thread.

Mines already on order for 9/19 delivery. :)
 
Comment

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
6,601
2,170
Im not paying $800 for minor spec bump ie the iPhone 6. The 6 Plus is a real upgrade.
 
Comment

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
2,185
973
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
The world is not going to come to an end if they run out of whatever phone you want on launch day.

If you really want it then a slight wait will be no problem. Besides it will do us all good to exercise a little patience.
 
Comment

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
2,259
1
L.A.
Nope, won't settle for a 6. If the line doesn't work I'll just be stuck waiting for my preorder.
 
Comment

Tekzilla

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2011
242
52
Shoreham, NY
Seeing as how the 6 was still launch day delivery available but the 6+ was 7-10 days wait when I preordered and I still choose the 6+, I'll go with no, I would not settle.
 
Comment

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
1,188
132
I'd get a pink iPhone 3GS if that is all they had left.
 
Comment

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
602
0
Miami, FL
I'd be pissed if I waited all night and there was no 6+, But I wouldn't settle. 6+ all the way no matter what.
 
Comment

Nate.

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2012
174
108
Chicago, IL
Nope. I'm going to have this phone for a year, probably two, as this time around I don't think the S models would be worth it, I might as well make it the one I want.
 
Comment

boombashi

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2005
219
4
What I wouldn't do is settle for the 6+ if the 6 was sold out.
Clearly that won't be a problem since it took awhile for 6 preorders to sell out. Apple will have a ton of 6s in stock. If you want a 6+, you better plan to get there very early.
 
Comment

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
1,779
417
Chicago
I'm in between the two so I think I would go with the 6, worst case scenario I'd have 14 days to return it and by then either 6+ is in stock or I go back to my 5 until it does. Or best case scenario I end up liking it and keep it.
 
Comment

mojito

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2014
98
0
No. If what I really wanted was the plus, I'm not going to settle for a different product simply to have the convenience of owning it sooner. I don't really buy into the whole "OWN IT FIRST!" hype. Much rather own something I'll be happy with the whole time I own it.
 
Comment

Similar threads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.