iPad mini Would you still recommend?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by heyitsmeneil, Nov 14, 2013.

1. heyitsmeneil macrumors member

I'm planning to buy iPad mini (last year's model) this weekend. and this will be my very first tablet. Is it still a great choice of tablet? I cant afford the new ipad mini with retina so I'm asking for suggestions if last year's ipad mini is stil good?

:)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The iPad mini is just as good as when it was introduced. I've been extremely pleased with mine and have no need at all to exchange it for the retina model. The retina model offers nothing I need that I don't already have in the original iPad mini.

3. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I would keep in mind for the extra 100.00 you really get a lot.

The new A7 chip is a huge improvement and the retina display is worth the upgrade.

Resale value if thats of concern to you will be higher on the new one as well.

For the price of the original iPad mini i couldn't recommend it. The new one is brilliant and is what the first one should have been.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's true for some users, but neither would have any value for many users, including me. It depends on what you use your iPad for.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you absolutely can't afford the extra $100 for the retina model, then definitely something is better than nothing, so the iPad mini non-retina would be a be an okay buy in this case. Though, the retina model is definitely more future proof, and you're likely to get more mileage out of it.

6. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'd recommend it if you don't have much to spend. You can even buy a refurbished 16 GB for $250. It looks and works like a brand new device, and you save 50 bucks.

7. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Or just wait till Black Friday and go to target and get the 70.00 or whatever gift card with the Ipad mini retina just to justify it a bit more :)

8. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

The ipad mini 1 is a marvelous machine. I feel a little embarrassed I'm upgrading to the retina mini, but justify it by noting I read a lot on it, and would benefit from the higher resolution screen.

9. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

definitely still good if you don't care about the latest and greatest.

do you have a microcenter near you? they are only $279 now

http://www.microcenter.com/product/425100/iPad_mini_16GB_Wi-Fi_Space_Gray

10. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

isn't that only for the mini 1?

11. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

12. heyitsmeneil thread starter macrumors member

Thank you guys! I'm buying it on Sunday! So excited! lol :)