Would you trade....?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bobjob186, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

Hi yall, I'm sort of in a pickle right now, I'm wondering if trading my first gen MacBook air for a new 2.0 Alu MacBook is worth it. I love the size of the air but haven't really compared it between the size of the new macbook, how much do you feel the extra 1.5lbs. Also how bad is the screen on the new macbook, I've heard mix reviews, but I also know the macbook air has one of the best screens I have ever seen. I basically will use it as my main computer, and yeah the macbook air lacks in some departments as far as my main computer, but I make it work and the size out weights the negatives. So what would you do?

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

I don't have an air so maybe I don't really knwo what it's like, but i think i would trade an air for a MB anyday... and if it's the first gen air then I would not even think about it...

3. timestoby macrumors 6502

if you have to pay extra for the mb and can afford it then it shouldnt be that big of a decision,go for it.

4. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

I'm sticking with 1st gen MBA for now. The new Alu MBs look great but I'm not sure that they really constitute the kind of leap in performance that will offset the convenience of having a reasonably powerful but truly lightweight laptop. I carry my MBA with me almost all of the time, so this makes a big difference to me.