iPhone 11 Pro Would you upgrade from Xs Max?

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2015
If I will upgrade, it’s only for one reason and one reason only: the camera/s.
How about you? Will you upgrade or wait for the rumored revolutionary iPhone in 2020?

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I upgrade every year. My phone is the most used device I own and figure it’s worth it for something I use constantly. Besides I’m on the iUP so it makes sense to upgrade. No more trying to resell which is well worth it too me.

Reactions: Surf Monkey

moderniste

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2005
@MrInquestador I preordered. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new one compares with the old one. I'm a little nervous about the weight, but have high hopes for the camera.

Koshkaboo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2018
I preordered an 11 Pro. I am downgrading size from the 11 Pro Max. I am on iUP and usually like to upgrade so it seemed to be a big enough upgrade to be worth the sales tax. And, my overall cost is actually lower since I went from XS Max 256 GB to 11 Pro 64 GB.

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2015
@MrInquestador I preordered. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new one compares with the old one. I'm a little nervous about the weight, but have high hopes for the camera.
I didn’t pre-order because the delivery dates are getting pushed further. What are the chances I can get one if I walk in tomorrow at an Apple store? Especially I’m eyeing the midnight green

Jnyce

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
I didn’t pre-order because the delivery dates are getting pushed further. What are the chances I can get one if I walk in tomorrow at an Apple store? Especially I’m eyeing the midnight green
Get there early

blairh

macrumors 68040
Dec 11, 2007
I downgraded from a Max to an 8 Plus. I realize most people don't go in that direction, but I honestly like my Plus better.

If I were a happy Max user, I would definitely not upgrade to the Pro Max. At this point you really don't need to upgrade for at least 2 or even 3 years.

EM2013

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2013
Holding on to my max. Maybe next year I’ll upgrade if I like the redesign.

digitalbreak

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2016
If you do photography - then it’s a great update! The added battery also will help and I have a feeling the A13 Bionic along with U1 chip will be put to use with some cool AR and Apple’s own Tile announcements later next year.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
I usually upgrade each year, this is the first year I’m not. My Max is great. While the camera is a worthwhile upgrade, I’ll survive until next year’s update. My battery and screen are already excellent, and my camera is no slouch. 20g of added weight doesn’t help. My Max feels heavy in bed, couldn’t imagine using a heavier phone than this brick.

Reactions: MrInquestador

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2015
I usually upgrade each year, this is the first year I’m not. My Max is great. While the camera is a worthwhile upgrade, I’ll survive until next year’s update. My battery and screen are already excellent, and my camera is no slouch. 20g of added weight doesn’t help. My Max feels heavy in bed, couldn’t imagine using a heavier phone than this brick.
Same thoughts

danny842003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2017
Personally I wouldn’t. There’s not enough additions in phones to upgrade every year in my opinion. I’m happy with my two year cycle and even that isn’t really needed now if I’m honest.
that’s not me hating that’s just the point we’re at with tech now.
But hey if the money isn’t an issue go nuts.

MrEcted

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2011
Should I? Probably not. The XS Max is a perfectly capable phone that handles all of my daily tasks with ease. Will I? Hecks yeah! But that's just how I roll. Most would be perfectly fine with an XS Max, it's a fantastic device.

tarsins

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
I did. Well worth it just for the faster Face ID and Night Mode (which I didn't think I'd be bothered about but is just stunning). Too soon to judge the battery but looking forward to the extra hours. Feels more premium than the Xs Max too.

MrInquestador

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2015
I did. Well worth it just for the faster Face ID and Night Mode (which I didn't think I'd be bothered about but is just stunning). Too soon to judge the battery but looking forward to the extra hours. Feels more premium than the Xs Max too.
How's your signal reception?