Would you upgrade to 6s now or wait a month or two?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Broadus, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Broadus macrumors 6502a

I was all geared up to upgrade to the 6s, but the thread about the 6s cutting off by itself is giving me some pause. I recognize that problems get more forum attention than problem-free phones do, but this seems like a real issue.

For what it's worth, I'm upgrading from a four-year-old 4S. It's slow and the screen is small, but it works.

Any thoughts? Whether you would go ahead and upgrade or wait, please explain why.

Thanks much.

2. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I would upgrade knowing that Apple's 1-year warranty has my back if I encounter any issues. Just book an appointment if something happens and if they deem your phone has a hardware issue, they will swap it out for you.

3. iwan073 macrumors regular

iwan073

My wife ordered her Rose Gold 6S+.
    I hope it won't have any problems.

I have to wait till January before I can order the 6S I want.
    Hopefully all problems will be fixed by then...

4. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

Uh..... I'd upgrade has soon has preorders came out. That's what I did. I preordered a minute after the website came up and I have nod regrets.
    Some people have issues with the phone cutting off, remember this is a software issue and can be fixed with new OS releases. It's nothing to do with the hardware.
    You'll love the enhancement especially since your from the 4S. Big jump in technologies, speed and experience. Go for gold buddy and get it NOW!

5. iwan073 macrumors regular

iwan073

6. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

I don't think they do many of any design or hardware changes on phones

7. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

That's because I've done my research and seen the people that have this issue had to restore there devices to new to fix it. If it was hardware, an iOS restore wouldn't work.

8. Serickmetz macrumors 6502

Serickmetz

Upgrade now. Apple will take care of you if something should go wrong.

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I'd wait on the Plus, but go with the 6S.

Waiting on Plus to see if the screen blob issue gets fleshed out as to whether it's hardware or software related.

Go with the 6S now, but only if you're somewhat tolerant of potential software bugs. I don't have any issues with iOS 9.0.x, but some have.

Waiting for 9.1 is a plan if you don't want to deal with anything.

10. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

It may be an issue for some, but the vast majority of the millions of phones purchased since the launch don't have this issue. Get the phone, and if something is wrong with it, Apple will fix it or replace it. It's really that simple.

11. bking10 macrumors member

unless of course its a design flaw that causes bending or signal strength to go down

12. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I'm sort of in the same boat as an iPhone 5 user looking to upgrade.

I'm waiting. My iPhone 5 still works great on iOS 9.0.2, although the battery capacity has degraded a lot after 2 1/2 years. I have no critical need for a new phone. I figure it can't hurt to wait a few weeks for any lingering software bugs to be squashed.

I would upgrade if my phone was damaged beyond repair and I needed a new handset right away. Hoping to make it to Thanksgiving before upgrading.