Would you use this type of service?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by willevansapps, May 31, 2011.

1. willevansapps macrumors newbie

I launched a web service called ClipBoy. Essentially, this is an online clipboard that allows users to save text and links for multiplatform viewing and collaborative work. With this service, your friends and co-workers would have the ability to view your clipboard, upon your willingness to share your notes. All in all, this service enables collaboration, multiplatform support, and easy access to your notes/data. Think of it as a clipboard on the cloud.

Is this something you would use?

Please give your feedback and opinions!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Theteapartyvip macrumors newbie

4. willevansapps thread starter macrumors newbie

Google Docs isn't really a competitor as it is more for typing documents in the cloud whereas ClipBoy is more for short bite-size links and notes on your own website.

1. You don't have to login to view your notes, links.

2. They are organised neatly into boxes on your own website.

3. A handy boomarklet popup means you can add notes & links quickly.

4. You get your own website with ClipBoy

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Ok. Then what's the advantage of this service over Twitter?

6. willevansapps thread starter macrumors newbie

Twitter is micro-blogging, this is a productivity, note & link taking tool. It isn't micro-blogging. Twitter organises 'tweets' in a big long list whereas with ClipBoy they are easy to see and view and delete the ones that you don't need anymore. As seen here: http://clipboy.me/user/Will/

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Maybe it's just my browser at work rendering your page strangely, but as-is I would not use anything like what you've displayed. It looks like a geocities website circa 2000.

8. Theteapartyvip macrumors newbie

That's kind of a less pretty version of the private tumbleblog I have to move stuff from uni to home.