Would you wait for the next macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by e8w117, Jan 21, 2009.

  1. e8w117 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008
    #1
    here's my situation.....

    Everything on my current desktop runs slow. No virusus or user-end problems, its just outdated. Even to surf the web. luckily, i have everything backed up on an external HD. its annoying that i have to wait 2mins for my desktop to load.

    i wanted to replace with iMac as soon as newest revision is released.

    my laptop, is also slow.

    i want to replace that with ALUMINUM macbook also, but i don't know if i should wait for its next revision. i'd hate to get it now, and to have its next model come out next week.

    I would like to be sitting in front of apple by this weekend.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
     
  2. SkyBell macrumors 604

    SkyBell

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    Texas, unfortunately.
    #2
    Well, the white MacBook was just updated today. I'd say it's a pretty sure bet that it won't be updated next week.;)
     
  3. e8w117 thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008
    #3
    thread updated... i would like the aluminum... thnx for update anyways...
     
  4. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

    theMaccer

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2006
    Location:
    SoCal
    #4
    personally i dont see it getting any update before the summer. so if you need it now then buy it. if you can wait another 6 months or so, then wait.
     
  5. svndmvn Guest

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Location:
    Italy
    #5
    I think it will be updated in a couple of months, 3 max. I'm quite positive it won't get updated next week, so just decide if you want to wait or not.
    PS no major updates soon, a small speed bump you'd probably not notice, so you might as well just look for a refurb, you can have an aluminum 2.0GHz for 1099 if I'm not mistaking. a 2.4 for $1399..not sure though
     

Share This Page