Would you wait for the next macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by e8w117, Jan 21, 2009.

1. e8w117 macrumors member

here's my situation.....

Everything on my current desktop runs slow. No virusus or user-end problems, its just outdated. Even to surf the web. luckily, i have everything backed up on an external HD. its annoying that i have to wait 2mins for my desktop to load.

i wanted to replace with iMac as soon as newest revision is released.

my laptop, is also slow.

i want to replace that with ALUMINUM macbook also, but i don't know if i should wait for its next revision. i'd hate to get it now, and to have its next model come out next week.

I would like to be sitting in front of apple by this weekend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Well, the white MacBook was just updated today. I'd say it's a pretty sure bet that it won't be updated next week.;)

3. e8w117 thread starter macrumors member

thread updated... i would like the aluminum... thnx for update anyways...

4. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

personally i dont see it getting any update before the summer. so if you need it now then buy it. if you can wait another 6 months or so, then wait.

5. svndmvn Guest

I think it will be updated in a couple of months, 3 max. I'm quite positive it won't get updated next week, so just decide if you want to wait or not.
    PS no major updates soon, a small speed bump you'd probably not notice, so you might as well just look for a refurb, you can have an aluminum 2.0GHz for 1099 if I'm not mistaking. a 2.4 for $1399..not sure though