Would you want a BT keyboard with number pad?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by The.316, Oct 19, 2010.

?

If Apple were to release the BT kb w/number pad, would you buy it?

1. Definitely

16 vote(s)
    94.1%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

Why hasnt :apple: released a bluetooth keyboard (current thin style) with a number pad? Aside from the keys getting dirty, I loved the old BT style keyboard that had the number pad on the side.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

That would be most excellent. Currently I need the number pad more than the bluetooth, so wired it is.

3. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Yes.

I use my old bluetooth full sized keyboard right now when working in After Effects and other software that utilise the number pad and extra keys... but i put it away and use my aluminium bluetooth keyboard when im not cos it looks cooler lol!

4. The.316 thread starter macrumors 65816

The.316

Apple releases all these amazing products (iPhone, iPad, trackpad, etc.), but something as simple as adding a number keypad to a wireless keyboard would probably kill in sales. For the life of me, I dont understand why they wouldnt release one. How annoying is it to enter numbers in passwords, threads, and excel spreadsheets...ugh!

5. rprebel macrumors 6502

rprebel

I like a heavier keyboard with regular keys and a numpad, so none of Apple's current offering is for me. That said, if I ever got a chiclet style keyboard I would definitely want the numpad. Apple's old white BT keyboard is what I've been using for a few years and it's perfect.

6. The.316 thread starter macrumors 65816

The.316

Im actually thinking about buying that older style one. Has anyone found any new ones out there? The only problem I have with the old ones is that they collect dirt in them MUCH easier than the new ones.

7. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

I recently got a used older style apple bluetooth keyboard off ebay for pretty cheap. I did have to take it apart and clean the gunk out of it and off the keys but it's shiny now and awesome. The miniature bluetooth keyboards they make now are sort of bunk.

8. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

I use the number pads a lot and miss them with my current BT keyboard. I almost bought the separate number pad, but didn't want yet something else on the desk. I'll wait......

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Yes.

I have the full, wired Chicklet board, and would be lost without the number pad.