Would you want a thicker iphone with bigger battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boonlar, Jun 23, 2009.

1. boonlar macrumors 6502

What if it was twice as thick with double or more battery capacity?

2. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

TWICE as think? That'd be a bit much... I could probably get used to it being a little thicker for a little more battery power, as the 3G got a little bigger from the original iPhone...

3. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

would buy it in a heart beat, but they have cases with batterys in them for this, but thats just too clunky of a option for me.

Honestly a camera with optical zoom, flash, and some other things apple cut out due to space restrictions I would like, but apple is all about smaller things... so they would never do this.

4. boonlar thread starter macrumors 6502

Has anyone made a custom back cover so you can change out the batteries whenever you want?

5. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Just buy a battery pack case for the phone and triple the battery life. Then the rest of us who don't use our phones 24 hours a day can have a nice slim phone.

6. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

That's exactly what a battery case is. It snaps onto the phone. You can buy as many of them as you want.

DO A SEARCH.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree.
    My iphone lasts easy a full day and sometimes I dont even have to charge it at night. A day and half or more is average for me.
    If you want a thicker phone with way more battery power get one of those battery phone cases for $50

8. iBallz macrumors 6502

iBallz

I wouldn't care if it was a little thicker to hold the power throughout the day. As of now it sucks!

9. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

After having the incase power slider case that does just that: I say screw battery life. I'll take slim and using a car charger over big and charging every other day anyday.

10. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

11. w3cum macrumors regular

I know this request will sound funny... BUT... I would rather see them remove the camera all together! I love my iPhone but i would rather see them keep the camera off and add a bigger battery. There are facilities I am not allowed to take my phone into because it has a camera on it. I carry a modified 8330 blackberry that has had its camera removed for work.

12. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

how about the thickness of an iPod Touch with less battery life? i'd go for that. it'd probably be cheaper too. heck. i'd pay more for it

i have to get from ~7am to ~11pm on a single charge

i usually get from 7am-11pm, then 7am-11pm, then 7am-6pm then i get to the 20% notification with full usage on my 2 year old heavily used iPhone 2G.

i'd rather have 2/3 as thick and have 1/3 the battery life, than what it is now

13. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

If it's same price, I wouldn't mind iPhone getting a little thicker for longer battery. But not twice as thick. Just a little so that iPhone will still be slim enough.

14. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

No it's not. The OP was refering to replacing the back of the phone with a back that allows access to the internal battery. A battery case houses an extra external battery.