Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you wear Apple Vision Pro in public?

• Yes, proudly

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Yes but I would probably stress about people looking at me

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Unlikely but I might try

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • Definitely no

Votes: 65 60.2%

• Total voters

Sami13496

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 25, 2022
Would you wear Apple Vision Pro in public? Like in a coffee shop or on a plane. I think I couldn’t. Too much attention 😅 I would also probably worry about someone stealing it since it’s worth so much and sticks out.

Longplays

Suspended
May 30, 2023
Yes, absolutely, that's one of the huge selling points. I would be more concerned about theft than I would embarrassment.
It will be the next iPod white earphones and AirPods.

Depending on the neighborhood they'll be known as too dumb with money or have too much money.

IG, FB, TikTok and all other social media platform will have stupid kids doing stupid dances or stupid pranks to get views and likes.

Stevenyo

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2020
Depends a bit on what "public" means. On a train or plane? 100%! Driving in my car? walking in the park? sitting at dinner? Of course not. Basically anywhere I'd feel comfortable pulling out my laptop or even phone I'd be perfectly fine with this. Actually more comfortable, because no one else could peep what I was watching/working on/

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
hell no. omg one probably can rob you that expensive goggle easier than robbing your phone. The upside I guess is they probably will have a harder time getting data off of that thing compared to a phone.
I would use it only when no one is around And window/blind completely shut.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
IMO the public settings you laid out are vastly different - I would 100000% throw this on during a flight, but it's very unlikely that I'd ever put it on at a coffee shop. And you wouldn't catch me dead filming my kids in a park with it...

Mikeeee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2017
IMG_0506.jpeg

senttoschool

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2017
Yea I would. Depends on what kind of public.

Would I wear this on a bus? No. Too soon for that.

Would I wear this walking on the road? No. Too soon for that.

Would I wear this on a plane? Yes.

Would I wear this in my office? Yes.

Would I wear this at a friend's house? Yes.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
They may be illegal for driving since they "100% block" your vision. Although states may not hav laws in place that cover driving using a projected image to drive. CRAZY.

I'm a LOOOOOOOOONG time gym rat and have always followed the "when it first shows up" and "when it becomes common" usage of Apple products at the gym starting with the original iPod. Funny how odd some seem at first like an iPad on a treadmill. Now that is common. Even the AirPods when they first came out looked odd and are of course now just "wallpaper". I saw 3 different people wearing AirPod Max within a few seconds a few days ago.

However seeing Vision at the gym is going to be a whole other level of strange at least for the first few times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.