Would you wear your Apple Watch ...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Aug 19, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

... at a water park?

I'm going to one next month. Lots of splashing, not much immersion but possibly high pressure plunging into water.

And Sports strap? Is it secure enough? Or Link bracket? What about the chlorine?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

By asking the very question you possibly have a gut reaction already.

Be safe and not sorry. It's not just water but the possibility of knocking it against whatever apparatus in the Water Park.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Nope. Too high a risk that it will bang against a water slide wall or some other attraction. I would not wear a rugged waterproof watch-- just not comfortable in a water park.

4. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

5. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I absolutely would not wear my Apple Watch (if I owned one) to a waterpark. Especially after spending $350 (or more depending on the model). Leave it at home.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Whether you want to play it safe or not might depend on if you have AC+.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Water is not so much of a problem. Wore the watch at the beach over the weekend, and splashed around in the water with it on. Washed it off in tap water at the end of the day, and it is perfectly fine. But as other posters point out, at a Water Park, banging it into things could be a problem.

8. melman101 macrumors 68030

If you have AppleCare+, that would make all the difference.

9. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I have spent two days so far at water parks with my watch and would do it again today, no question. It held up fine. I swim with my watch too. I have AppleCare but I don't do it because of that, I do it because the watch can handle it just fine. I can't tell you what to do with yours though. :)

10. David58117 macrumors 65816

I did, and I saw someone else with theirs there too. Held up fine.

11. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

The water won't be an issue, people have tested it but i'm sure if you go slamming it into solid objects it won't last long

12. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I just bought applecare + cause i do not want to think about these scenarios and don't want to baby it. Gonna use it just like all my other watches.

13. redman042 macrumors 68020

I would not intentionally wear it to a swimming activity, but that's just me. If you want to wear it everywhere and have a waterproof band, go for it.

I did unintentionally swim with mine for the first time last weekend. My wife and I went kayaking in a rental kayak, and the vendor forgot to close the drain plug. We took on water and had to jump in the water. The watch did fine. No issues at all.

14. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

this. If you have AC+ yes...if not, no.

15. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I would have no problem wearing mine and mine is the stainless steel model. Wouldn't blame you for not wearing it either... I will not baby my watch and I will not subject it beyond its rating. I will do everything listed under its rating though.