Wouldn't it be a lot cooler if........

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macsterling, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Macsterling macrumors regular

Macsterling

I love all my Apple products and my new 3G phone. I was thinking last night wouldn't it be cool if that when you are using your iPhone that the Apple logo on the back lit up like they do on the portables... I'm sure battery life would be an issue but if you had a choice to have the Apple logo light up or 1 hour less battery life? I think I would rather the Apple logo light up... Other than that, I have no complaints with my new phone and look forward to more upcoming products from Apple.......

2. Juo100 macrumors regular

I dont think it lighting up would be worth losing 5 minuets of battery life let alone an hour.

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

That's not a separate backlight... it's directly tied to the screen. It's like a cutout. When you turn down the brightness the apple gets less bright, it's not affecting battery life unless you feel the need to crank up the brightness to show off the apple.

I think there are too many components in the way (iPhone) for a backlight to happen. It's possible with the Macbooks because there's nothing in the lid/screen part, but there are lots of things crammed into that little iPhone, they can't leave 1/2 inch of space free just for a "cool" backlight.

4. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

It definitely would be cool!:D

But its an absurd demand because as of today, the backlit Apple log does not have LEDs or lights specifically for it. It is lit by the Back Light of the LCD screen. A simple test for this is observe the logo by decreasing and increasing the brightness to/from zero!:)

Considering this, you will now agree, I guess, that it might be a 'bit' tough for Apple to squeeze another bunch of lights in the already jam packed iPhone with a 'sandwiched' pcb!:p

5. FaustArp macrumors regular

FaustArp

i thought that too, and someone told me it was going to but that was just a rumor obviously :D maybe the next one will?

6. Macsterling thread starter macrumors regular

Macsterling

I don't care how it is done on the portables. I just thought it would be cool if the phones did the same thing. That is what this topic is about, not how it is on the portables.

7. Macsterling thread starter macrumors regular

Macsterling

I would agree, but I bet you we will see one here in the next few generations of the phone. I love seeing it on my MBA. It just looks awesome and I think it would be cool walking down the street at night talking on your phone and having the Apple logo glow.... Maybe one day

8. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

I bet you we will see one here in the next few months when modders in HK starting selling custom back covers.

9. Macsterling thread starter macrumors regular

Macsterling

You really think that is possible? I'm sure it is and I would buy one for sure...