Wouldn't it be nice if OS X could do this? (the little things).

Discussion in 'macOS' started by theman, Nov 28, 2007.

1. theman macrumors 6502a

Just a simple little thing, but wouldn't it be kind of nice if you could close a running application by just dragging the icon out of the dock?

this would be really nice for programs such as Preview, Text Edit, Quicktime, etc. that you open up just while doing web browsing but they remain running and in the dock. it would be nice just to be able to drag them out of the dock, instead of clicking them and clicking quit. (I know you can use CMD+Q but what if you have already closed the window?)

it's not a major thing at all, but I think it would be really nice. it's like so many other things that are nice about OS X. all those little things.

any other little things you guys can think of that would be nice if they were added?

2. thederby macrumors regular

CMD+tab to the app +Q

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

It would be cool if there was a way in Leopard to automatically search the current folder when you type a search in that folder's search field. It ALWAYS searches the entire Mac whenever I start a search. It was better in Tiger... Searching was way better in Tiger... I miss it.

4. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

I want Quicktime to passthrough Dolby Digital (AC-3 5.1) through the optical. It's amazing that Apple hasn't done this already. VLC's ok, but it sure is buggy.

5. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Exactly what I was going to suggest. Way faster than dragging anything out of the dock.