Wouldn't It Suck...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Sep 18, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Wouldn't it suck if we get the new iPhone towards the end of October then the next one is announced in early June...

I mean, I want the next phone as bad as everyone else (it'll be my first) but I hate how technology updates so fast haha.

Anyways, I'll be getting the 5...but that would suck if it was only new for 7-8 months lol.

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Actually it doesn't bother me much. It get's to a point where everything takes a second to load or so so after that, it's not that big of a deal.

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

It would suck, but it won't happen. This isn't Samsung or HTC who spams out better products than their current flagship every month.

4. Skika macrumors 68030

People gettin mad because technology progresses quickly.

I never quite understood it.

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

People get mad when they take too long to update and people get mad when they update too often.

6. ap3604 macrumors 68000

People want the best product on the market but don't have infinite money to buy the latest gadget everytime.

When a newer version comes out and the product they own becomes 2nd best and lowers its resale value they don't like it...

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

My answer would be not really. It would mean the iPhone would have a desent update cycle. Most other phones have a 3-6 months cycle before something newer and better comes along.

The iPhone is over priced 6-9 months out of its 12 month product cycle and in this case it is sitting at 9-12 months of being over priced.

8. batting1000 macrumors 604

Well with Android for example, there are numerous companies making devices with Android on them.

Off the top of my head, I can name 3 android devices that have had a 12 month product cycle (they've been updated every 12 months).

- Nexus One --> Nexus S
    - HTC EVO 4G --> HTC EVO 3D
    - Samsung Galaxy S --> Samsung Galaxy S II

9. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I'm guessing he actually meant that Android combined, all the different manufacturers seem to stagger their launches with each other. For example, here in Canada, the EVO 3D launched like a month ago, and at the end of this month, the LTE Galaxy S II is coming out, which will be the best Android phone until the new Nexus comes.

Per brand, you're right, almost every product line has a yearly cycle. It's just as a platform, Android comes with a new "best product" much more frequently since there's so many more brands.

10. old-wiz macrumors G3

It could well be that iPhone 5 in Oct will not have LTE, but another refresh next summer to include LTE.

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

That would suck, but thankfully that's not happening.

Apple has shifted the iPhone's update cycle because the iPhone and iPad were eating each other's sales. That's why it'll now be like this:

Spring = iPad
    Summer = Mac, OS X and iOS
    Fall = iPhone

12. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think most people would wait if they knew a major upgrade were coming in June. The uncertainty is what drive Apple consumers crazy. Most of us like to plan our own personal roadmaps. Lake of knowledge prevents us from making decisions we would've made otherwise.

13. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I was more the makers.

Motoralla for example cranks out a new phone every few months. LG and Samsung as well.
    Also even those that do not watch the prices of the older ones. They tend to drop 3-6 months end. It may be 1 year between a given model refresh but over all much short time span between them and a price drop.

Same applies to blackberry as well.

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

me I'm just sick of all the I5 coming this date threads it will be here when it's here! Also lots of company's release model updates months apart. while don't like it it's there choice. After all I still love my I4 so I'm still wait in see on i5.

15. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Well, if big, bad, and greedy AT&T doesn't allow its users to upgrade before the 2 year contract is up, then it would certainly suck for me. But... for some reason, I'd be happy to see Apple revert back to its June cycle. I like June releases better than October releases.

16. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I won't mind...this is going to be the new totally overhauled phone. IF we did get another one in June (which I doubt) it would most likely be a minor spec bump which wouldn't draw me in so much. Unless the spec bump was to LTE. Which I'm still hopeful we might get in October. :D

17. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I'd rather this not happen - supporting devices for app development wouldn't be nice.