Woven band unbalanced color change?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kristiguin, Oct 9, 2016.

1. kristiguin macrumors newbie

kristiguin

I bought a Watch 2 on launch weekend and purchased a woven band in the Navy/Tahoe Blue color separately. I've used the woven band exclusively and noticed a very odd color change last week. I have NOT used it in extreme conditions such as swimming or even showering.

Basically, one piece of the band has shifted color to a more purple color. It is extremely noticeable where the loop for tucking in the tab shoes against the other half while wearing it because they are two very different colors. This fact alone indicates it wasn't caused by exposure to something harmful while I was wearing it, since that loop should have changed color too of that were the case. there is a very faint difference in color on the tab half where the loop/buckle sots over it, but not much.

I thought it might be caused by color bleed from a sleeve on new clothing, but that doesn't explain why only the loop would not have been affected (or the exposed part of the other half, since the tab side doesn't cover all of it while wearing.)

I've just washed with a mild soap and have it drying right now, but even while wet, I can see that the two halves are completely different colors! Anyone else have this problem and if so, anyone have success returning? Apple.com doesn't list any kind of warrantee on the separately purchased bands.

IMG_0015[323].JPG

2. mhoutman, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016

mhoutman macrumors 6502

mhoutman

looking at the black adapters, that is not an Apple band. Apple do not sell bands with black adapters and silver steel buckles.... :)

EDIT: oops sorry my fault as some of the nylons actually have a black or dark blue adapter.

3. kristiguin thread starter macrumors newbie

kristiguin

4. mhoutman macrumors 6502

mhoutman

Sorry, my mistake. But I think it is no problem to return them and get fresh ones :) Might be some wrong batch of straps as both have so different colors...

5. kristiguin thread starter macrumors newbie

kristiguin

I think it is pretty obviously a flaw. They did start out matching. Perhaps a bad batch of the dye lot that was used on one side and not fixed properly. Although my knowledge of fiber processes would lead me to believe that if anything, one side might fade vs changing colors like this. And the water was clear when I washed, so doesn't appear to be dirt (which wouldn't be so even, anyway) or the black n that half bleeding into the blue. Just weird. As is very clear, washing in Dawn (which is known to really cut through grime and body oils) did not change anything. I'll probably drop into the store tomorrow and swap it out. Very mysterious!

IMG_0019[325].JPG

6. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

Apple will replace and expedite a new to you at no charge. They may request your original defective band sent back for their engineer team to look further into the issue.

7. irod87 macrumors regular

I would think Apple would swap this out no problem.

8. kristiguin thread starter macrumors newbie

kristiguin

Good to know, and what I assumed. I live only 5 miles from the store so I will likely return in person.

9. lax28 macrumors regular

lax28

I would bring it back to the store. I will be very surprised if they don't swap it out no questions asked.