Wow, 3-6 weeks deliver a case.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Razeus, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Razeus macrumors 603

So can I assume that everything Apple does from here on out is going to be a fiasco?

:confused:

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

they have to process over 2 million cases. give them a break

this is less time than waiting for a hotwheels from a bag of frosted flakes

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Ha, probably. Yeah, it is a ton of cases, but at the same time they should have been able to do better than this. My free case delivery is between the last week in August and the first week in September.

I placed an order for an iPad and a case yesterday. Delivery date: August 27th. I promptly canceled that; I'll just get my friend who works at Best Buy to drop me a quick line the next time they get a shipment.

4. chromey macrumors member

I think it'd be worth giving them a break if they hadn't f***ed up in the first place

5. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

6. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

how exactly did they F up? by creating the most popular phone with huge demand among consumers? more businesses should F up too....

7. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

You're getting a free case. Seriously, stop complaining.

8. chromey macrumors member

Last I checked, popularity doesn't make something functional

9. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

...NO. Apple is not replacing ALL 2 million cases. I bet the actual cases that need to be made is small. Not everyone is going to opt for a case or even bother getting a refund.

Oh, good. Another post bitching about threads like this.

Hello pot, my name is kettle.

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

How exactly did they eff up? They have sold millions of these and only a small minority have issues which happen to be present on other phones

no one is forcing you to buy an iphone either so why the hostility for the delay on a free, let me repeat...free, case?

11. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

I'll complain until my lungs bleed, sir. Apple brought this fiasco on themselves. Not me. Apple wouldn't be dealing with this if they hadn't f'd up in the first place.

12. bababoey14 macrumors regular

Apple is becoming a joke...have they no respect. Instead of making people wait...why not send them a freakin $30 check and let them buy whatever they want. No use our app and wait almost 2 months for a piece of plastic.....come on now...who is running this company....PUT ME IN CHARGE lol

13. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

Because it's cheaper to pay Belkin and their ilk $1-10 bucks than to hand out $30 checks. All 3 million iPhone buyers would take the $30 check. I doubt all 3 million people are even going to opt for a case, or even know about this program.

Heck, I'm going to go buy a case since it's going to take 2 months for them to fulfill their obligation.

14. bababoey14 macrumors regular

You are correct sir....they probably pay like $5 per case (if that much)...plus a good % won't even apply for a case. They could still have you apply online or with the app and then send you a check next week...or a voucher. Has to be a better and more efficient way.....

15. admanimal macrumors 68040

They couldn't make them fast enough when they were charging $30...what exactly makes you think that giving them away is going to improve things?

16. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Seriously? There are at least five other threads about this topic. Does it hurt to look around a bit?

Also? Pot/kettle doesn't really does work here. Bless.

17. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

ummm they didnt f up. the phone is perfect and only a very small percentage of people are complaining about it. this is a way to shut the whiners up. don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

18. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Haha. This is awesome.

19. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

More shens. A strip of rubber isn't hard to produce. Others are making cases with more substance to them and seem to be available.

20. quotison macrumors member

So what's the ulterior motive/conspiracy theory here? They're just being dicks and hoarding warehouses of bumpers?

21. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

it could be worse... It could say Ships: 2010

22. lunch macrumors member

I'd be curious to know how many of the people who are complaining, and complaining the loudest about the iPhone reception problem have actually:

1. Experienced the reception problem, without deliberately trying to create it by covering up the gap in the antenna.

AND

2. Were not already planning to buy a case anyway.

My guess is the number is extremely small and the rest are people just piling on and complaining because they have nothing better to do.

23. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

24. winterny macrumors 6502

Under 4.0 I went from 5 bars to 0 bars at home, under 4.0.1 i go from 3 bars to 0 bars at home. I never used a case for my iPhone 3G or iPhone 2G, and didn't plan on using one for my i4.

That said, after seeing all the bad publicity, I did learn to just "hold the phone differently", which is better than what would have otherwise happened -- I would have just thought the phone had bad reception always. The way I'm holding it now is very unnatural, and I think the cases are the minimum apple could do to make it right. I'm actually still bummed that I'm forced to use a case or hold the phone in an unnatural position.