WoW Add ons for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Twe Foju, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

ok, so actually i just installed my WOW on my MBP like today

i always play it on my PC, now my question is, are the addons for the PC compatible with the WoW for Mac? or is there a specific addons specially for Mac?

i only need 3 though, i need Omen2, Cartographer and Questhelper, thanks alot!

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

All the WoW UI addons are written in XML and tie into the framework built by Blizzard, none of them are binary code. So yes, they'll work just fine. Now, if an addon has some weird "configuration utility" that's a Windows executable, THAT won't work. But otherwise, dropping the addons in the appropriate folder will work just like on a PC.

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

As long as it's not an addon that uses .Net, and even those aren't technically considered addons you will be fine.

Same as the above poster said. It's all good.

4. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

For Add-Ons and Maintaining I use on my MBP "WowMatrix". It will install and look for updates and install them. Very worthwhile and easy. And as "killmoms" and "kkat69" mentioned already almost all are compatible. WowMatrix just makes it easy, at least for me. There maybe others out but not sure. I do know there was a version of an ACE2 installer but it was buggy. Hope this helps!

Bill.....:apple:

P.S. Forgot to add the link;

http://www.wowmatrix.com/download/

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I recommend that tool as well. Came in VERY handy especially if you have a set of addons you prefer or your guild has required addons, you'll always be on top and not be out of date.

Speaking of WoW and on an sorta unrelated note. Did anyone catch the Blizzard job postings? It mentioned for one position "Next Gen MMO" Hmmmm wonder what that could be? StarCraft Online? I can only imagine a bunch of Zerg players spamming "WTB XXXXXXXX"