iPad Wow after using the mini since launch...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hello..., Nov 6, 2013.

1. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I am blown away by the screen I my new iPad Air, it's so clear and crisp, no yellowing or tints.. I am happy I want back to the larger iPad!

2. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

This is how I felt every time I switched back to my iPad 3 after using my kids iPad mini for a while. The mini is light and easy to carry around & type on but that big screen on the iPad just takes your breath away. I am very interested to see how the retina mini is in comparison.

3. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

Why care about 7.9 device. Phone is getting bigger everyday and Tablet suppose to be getting smaller??

SS Note 4 probably going to be 7 inch phabet so tablet should be at 10 inch or more for perfect size.

4. Aneres11 macrumors 6502a

I have to agree.

I had a mini but have chosen to go with the Air this time.

What a device. Can't quite get over how great it feels, the amazing screen and how small and light it is.

I can totally appreciate those who'd rather plump for the Mini (hell, I'd have one of them too!) but my personal preference definitely lies with the Air!

I love reading my magazine subscriptions on this thing! :D

5. New Apple, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013

New Apple macrumors regular

quality is different from size
    ipad mini screen was crap on the sale-day (it was crap because apple wanted it crap, not because it was ipad mini-size matter-)

this years ipad mini's screen is on par if even better than the Air (quality not size)

you would be blown away even with this new ipad mini retina.

----------

by the time you will get the biggest enough phone, the ipad itself will be a lot more bigger than now, my friend.

6. Hello... thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello...

Still loving it in bed now and reading.. Not sure if I would ever buy the mini again. Even with retina .

7. New Apple macrumors regular

enjoy

8. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Agree the Air is a huge improvement over previous versions, dare I say best iPad ever. I enjoyed my 3 b/c of the screen but always resented the additional weight it gained from the 2.

But I also fell in love w/ the mini in spite of the screen b/c of the weight & can't wait for the rMini. I see the Air and rMini as complementary, not competitors. For me an rMini is the ultimate in-bed device b/c it's so easy to hold. I still find my self wanted to rest the Air on something.

9. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

isn't every ipad the "best ipad ever" at release?

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

To Apple and their marketing writers, sure. But read my post. I wasn't 100% overjoyed w/ the 3 when announced due to the added weight but I wanted the screen. It was a compromise and a compromise can't be "best ever" just "best we could do under the circumstances." Big difference there.

11. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

A year later, Apple still can't sufficient supply for mini retina displays to meet demand. Think that might have something to do with why the original mini display is on par with the iPad 2?

No, you're right, let's use hyperbole and conspiracy theories instead. They make for more interesting conversation instead.

12. New Apple macrumors regular

within a year Apple not only passed the Ipad Retina (4th normal size) but also made it slightly better than the Air (5th)

what they did 12 months ago was really under par (tech on all tablets and in apple's hands)

13. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

This makes no sense.

14. New Apple macrumors regular

u think 12 months ago apple gave its best on the mini ?
    they could do great with iphones, great with ipads but not mini ?

15. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

Considering the form factor of the mini, yes.

16. bigboar macrumors 6502

What about the form factor of the iPhone?

17. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

im tempted to get the air but......the mini is cheaper has better PPI and is lighter....I don't think the 2" difference in screen will really make a difference. so If I upgrade at all it will be to the mini.

18. bigboar macrumors 6502

I remember being so excited about the mini when it was released only to get it home and be somewhat disappointed because of the display. I returned it any got a 4 and was very happy. The whole year of owning it though I always had it in the back of my mind how great a mini would be with retina. I loved the size of the mini. Then, the air and mini retina get announced. Once people started getting the air in their hands and I start reading how some now have no use for a mini because of the design and weight of the air, I decided to sell my 4 and decide whether I wanted an air or mini.
    Last night I went to best buy and got to play with the air and honestly I just don't see all the hype about it. Is it nice? Yes, but in my opinion someone who owns a 4 should definitely go play with an air before selling their 4. Don't get me wrong, I am not putting down the air. It is a small ergonomic improvement over the 4 but not even close to the large difference some on here make it out to be.
    I am sorry for the rant and I guess my whole point is I am now going to wait for the mini retina to release as I think it may just be the perfect iPad for me...

19. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

Different device.

20. prism macrumors 6502a

...and yet so many people defended the crappy screen of the mini on this very forum. LOL!

21. g808 macrumors regular

I wonder how much of this is initial euphoria over a new device? Once the retina mini comes out we'll all gush over it too. Not a bad thing. This is a Apple/Mac forum. Just saying...