WOW!! am i sold on apple!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by greendragon, Apr 23, 2007.

1. greendragon macrumors regular

just got back from the compusa store and am very impressed with my hands on experience. i've been on the buy/wait edge for awhile, leopard mostly, but can't wait any longer. so, i figured, buy a refurb now and when leopard and new macs come out, give the refurb to the folks and buy a new system.

anyway, my macbook thoughts on what i saw at compusa. first, the white macbooks looked dirty, all those people touching em. do and will, all white macbooks look like this after using? i figure apple refurb will probably have a new case. second, between white/black macbooks, the black one, even though they both have the glossy screen, seemed to look better. it might be things like movies, which was playing, look better with black than white, somebody might be able to explain this to me. the macbook pro is really what i'm after but will wait till leopard. also, i love that mighty mouse. now, just going to wait till i see a white macbook with 1 gig of ram on the apple refurb list. oh, i looked at the apple monitors, which i didn't care for compared to others, not to mention price wise, guess i'll just order that dell 20inch wide screen ultrasharp.

thanks

2. Trogloxene macrumors regular

The macs ship with great stuff, except I always buy a smaller, two button mouse with each new Mac I purchase. I like the macally ones.

-T

3. ortuno2k macrumors 6502a

Glad you're open minded and gave Mac a look.
    Once you "switch" you won't regret it. I've been a user for almost 2 years.
    Welcome.

4. greendragon thread starter macrumors regular

forgot, will the refrub come with all necessary updates? if not, what will i do? just after a short time, for me, 1 click is cool not to mention just push down on top of the mouse.

5. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

A refurb will come with the most recent OSX and iLife releases (though not always installed if the machine is a refurb before Tiger/iLife '06...which a MacBook will not be). You'll most likely have to do the software updates on them to get them as up-to-date as possible though. You will get everything that comes with a new MacBook except the box (refurbs come in brown Apple boxes). I've bought several refurb Macs and iPods over the years....most recently a MacBook Pro and it's a great machine.

6. Whistleway macrumors 6502

Welcome to Mac.. I hope you wait for a month and get SR notebooks, if you can afford to wait. Also for low-end macs, Apple refurbished+taxes works out almost the same as a new one at Amazon with no tax. And they usually offer some rebates as well. Do check out that option :)

Welcome again.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

A white MacBook will stay as clean as you want it to. Use iKlear to clean it once every couple of weeks and it'll look great for as long as you own it. Also get an Incase sleeve for it to keep the scratches away. I have both for my 3 year old iBook and it looks brand new.

Links:

http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/it.A/id.293/.f?sc=2&category=151
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=149730D6&nplm=TJ882LL/A