WOW! Apple is awesome!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Irock619, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Long story short I had three issues all within a month of purchasing my new MBP. I had the top cover replaced, the microphone had to be replaced, and the HDD failed last night. I explained all of this to the genius bar and he gave me a brand new MBP. I did the time machine backup and now I am up and running again. Apple customer service is awesome.

2. IGotBush macrumors member

3. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

i got a brand new macbook pro replacement to its awesome

but its policy that after 3 repairs they give u a new one so im not surpried that did that

5. warvanov macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you got a lemon but I'm glad they took care of you.

6. MVRL macrumors regular

MVRL

yeah, ppl have been groaning about apple's pricing for ages, but imo, a huge part of it is peace of mind with their CS.

I think it's worth it.

7. Mr M5 macrumors regular

Yeah when I bought mine the he'd died and they replaced the whole computer! Vy cool

8. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I agree that a big part of the money we pay for apple products is for the customer support. I told the guy that I wasn't interested in having that computer fixed AGAIN. Then he said "me neither, I'm not going to fix it. I'll go get your new computer in a minute". That's when I almost crapped my pants lol.

9. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

There really is no "official" policy other than they have the right to repair or replace at their decision and not yours, but the way Apple tends to operate is that if you have had the same exact repair performed 3 times they replace it. Although CSR tends to replace if one has had an outstanding number of repairs or issues with their computer.

10. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

In the note section of my receipt the CSR wrote that the computer has had 3 issues in a month all of which were different problems, this warrants a full replacement. Since he wrote that in the notes I am guessing that one issue that keeps popping up will NOT warrant a new computer. There has to be at least 3 separate issues to meet the criteria of receiving a new computer.

11. satchow macrumors 6502

It's all about the CSR. I had problems with my computer freezing due to an unknown hardware problem. They replaced the logic board but it continued and the 2nd time they said "could not replicate problem" and didn't do anything. I was convincing with my argument for a new computer to the CSR and got him to agree to give me a new MBP. I had a top of the line 15" mid 2010 MBP and they stopped selling those by that time, so they gave me a new top of the line 15" early 2011 MBP instead. I was extremely satisfied.

It's really hit or miss with CSRs. I have an optibay replacement, and one guy told me I completely voided my whole warranty for having that. Then I brought it to another store and they said that it only effected my warranty on the optical drive and had no idea why he would turn me away especially since my problem was with my TrackPad.

12. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    May S. Jobs smile down upon ye!

13. swedefish macrumors 6502

The Anti-glare MBP 15 I received this week has a dead pixel, which obviously is annoying but not a HUGE deal. I could have returned it for another one but since I am adamant about having a US keyboard layout there is no way in Windows hell that they'd stock Antiglare MBP 15 with US keyboards in the UK and since I'd rather not send it out right now as I have a lot of work that requires having my computer I asked if I could just get a new screen put in, and Apple agreed to this and told me to simply stop in whenever I have time and there will be a ticket in their system. Very pleased with customer support!

14. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Sweet!