WOW at all the notification center widgets that are on Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Apollo 13, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

Tons of widgets and know one is talking about them. Omnistat is a good one and shows all your phone info and you can also kill all the apps in the background with it. I'm also using a widget called WeeFlashlight and don't need to click on an app anymore.

2. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Ya, unfortunately they are for IOS 5 which there isnt a jailbreak for yet. :mad:

3. iPagan macrumors regular

Does Omnistat work with iPad?

4. iPhone 7 macrumors member

Obviously there is. Because there is.

5. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

6. froggie22 macrumors member

I don't see hows its pointless.. It is still a jailbreak, allows you to do everything an untethered jailbreak can do except turn your phone on and off without a computer.

I turn my phone off once every few months.. All the other times its just resprings.

7. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

i was also wary of jailbreaking my iphone tethered, but really all you have to do is install all the tweaks you want before you leave your computer, make sure they are iOS5 compatible, and then dont install tweaks while youre away.

ive been jailbroken tethered for the first time ever for about 2 weeks now and it's great. no regrets

8. TC25 macrumors 68020

I've had the same experience. People who describe it as pointless are simply uninformed.

9. neotope macrumors regular

I would give the jailbreak a go it has been very stable for me. Just don't install apps when you are not near your computer and you will be fine.

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

ponitless why? you not saying that becasue thats what others tell you are you?

tell me how often your phone powers down or randomlly reboots(dont confuse safe mode or resprings with reboots)

11. ftored macrumors regular

ftored

Yeah i was like that for tethered, that is pointless and blah blah. For the last two weeks i ve been using it and its really fine. I dont supose anyone restarts or turns off the iPhone often or at all.

Only problem was on a flight when i turned it off but i had my air with me and just turned it on from there.

12. schiotz macrumors newbie

According to the IOS 5 forum, there is a semi-tethered jailbreak for IOS 5 now. It allows your iPhone to reboot away from home, but some functionality will be missing until a tethered reboot. I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it works.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1261258

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

anyone use the SlideCentre for Notification centre, it plays a slide show of your photos but does not seem to work for me

says photos need to be in var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE

but isnt this the default camera roll location?

14. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I don't do tethered because with each JB from 4.1 to 4.3.3...imo stability has become worse unfortunately.

I experience more crashes with my 4.3.3 JB than I ever did on 4.1.

..and before anyone says, I pretty much have the same tweaks now that I did then... I don't fiddle much with tweaks.

So having the reassurance that I can reboot back into the JB state is always a bonus, especially when your not tied to a PC everyday.

15. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I use to crash all the time on untethered 4.3.3 not once since the tethered

16. imotionb18 macrumors member

I decided to try the tethered jailbreak. It is pretty stable I guess. My phone has restarted on me twice. I installed the semi-tether yesterday and it booted up fine.

17. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

All the Notification Widgets are great!!

Instead of double tapping the home button for multi tasking, just pull down Notification Center to see your runnings apps

I have been tethered for about a week now, no complaints at all

18. supervelous macrumors 6502

If you know what you're doing, the new semi-tethered is almost as good as an untethered jailbreak. If you turn the phone off or reboot, it will come back and you will still be able to use all your apps, make calls, receive texts, etc.

I believe the only things you cannot use are Mobile Safari and Mail apps, and jailbreak tweaks. However, I installed Atomic Browser from the app store, and that you can still use, to browse the web and check your mail through the web browser. Also, any app that lets you check your email in the app store will also work. When you get home, you boot tethered and all jailbreak stuff is good to go again. You mostly only lose your jailbreak until you have cpu access.

Basically, you are not left without a working phone in the rare case of powering down, rebooting while on the go which is the big worry with tethered.

An untethered is preferred of course, but semi-tethered is much closer to untethered than tethered, and should convince those on the fence IMO.

19. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I was a little hesitant about a tethered jailbreak too. But then I realized jailbroken tethered > stock

20. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

this. But word to the wise, the iOS 5 jb under redsn0w is stable; however the many tweaks and themes made for jb phone are not compatible for a large majority of them and need re-tooling by their developers. I hope it's not a royal pain for them but I think it is rather tedious this time around.. a lot has changed in /lib cache i think for them.....:(

OT, i like the respring widget on my notifications page, it work in OS 5 and of course SBSettings widgets.

21. johnnyturbouk, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    Could not agree more-

Tethered JB- may be marginally irritating at first, but is better than no JB

22. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Agreed a tethered JB is useless.

Most if not all tweaks require restarting(respringing only DELAY rebooting and the device has to be turned off at night. I am not going to boot tethered every morning and don't want JB preventing my device from being used.

23. TC25 macrumors 68020

'Device has to be turned off at night'? 'Has to'? According to you and who else?

'Respringing only DELAY rebooting'? Again, according to you and who else?

Congrats for winning the daily 'Post With The Most Misinformation' Award.

24. Invincibilizer, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011

Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

1-Extending Battery Life, doesn't take a particle engineer to realize that having a device on 24/7 will deteriorate battery life FASTER than having the phone/device be turned off.

2-Re springing will occasionally leave with some bugs and lags, rebooting ensures that all apps are starting from off.

25. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real