WOW AT&T is fast!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by b-rad g, Sep 21, 2010.

1. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Well ever since I ordered my iPhone 4 at launch and received it 6/23 my upgrade status remained that I was eligible for a regular upgrade with 2yr. agreement. I was going to use it next year when the next phone comes out, but my wife couldn't wait anymore.

Her next upgrade isn't until April so she was going to go ahead and wait for a white one. I told her she could use my "extra" upgrade and get a black since we don't know if the white will ever come out, and I will use her upgrade next year.

So she told me to go ahead and order hers. I ordered it today at around 2:00 p.m. and I just checked the order status and it has already SHIPPED and will be here on THURSDAY!! Why does Apple still say 3 weeks?!? Was originally going to order from them but didn't want to wait that long, sure glad I went through AT&T.:D :apple: :D

2. gpatrick15 macrumors regular

I ordered my iPhone 4 last wednesday, under the impression that I would receive it right when my T-Mobile contract ends (on 12/23). Got it Monday. They shipped it out the same day. Had it not been for the weekend, I would have received it in 2 days flat. Now I have an iPhone 4 just sitting in the box until the 23rd when I can port out. Not sure why its taking Apple 3 weeks when AT&T is sending them out the same day. No complaints on that though :D

3. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Our AT&T store has them in stock. And i live in a place that is always last to get stuff.

4. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I ordered my free case from apple this past friday, they said it wouldn't ship till October, but I got my email today saying it has shipped.

Apple is fast too, and I suppose it may be a strategy to overestimate the shipping delay, people are only happy when things arrive earlier than expected.

SLC

5. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Yeah ours might have too, but wasn't sure how they would handle my "extra" upgrade.

6. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

For a second there, from your thread title, I thought you were referring to AT&T's network speed....

7. londoner888 macrumors regular

londoner888

There's a difference to buying an iphone 4 on contract vs simfree from Apple.

Here in the UK, I could walk into any of the carrier stores O2, Voda, T-Mob etc and just pick one up.

Walking into an Apple store...now that will be a different story...

8. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

One question.....I know the phone will come with a SIM pre-installed that I think is attached to my number. Is it possible to activate the phone and put it in her number or do I have to get a new microSIM from AT&T store?

Has anybody ordered from AT&T using another person's upgrade?

9. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

I ordered mine from AT&T a couple of weeks ago and received it the next day via free overnight shipping. It said 5-10 days when I ordered then went from back-ordered to shipped within a few hours.

10. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

You can call customer service and explain what you need or go to the store and they will activate the SIM with your other number. You just need the SIM and IMEI numbers when you call.

11. oneals2focus macrumors regular

oneals2focus

I did too! :rolleyes:

12. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

No then the thread title would have to say this, "WOW AT&T is fast.....sometimes!";)

13. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Thank you very much!

14. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Only for some. AT&T is "always" fast where I live.....

15. RuggedPro macrumors regular

Ordered mine late Friday night. Had them in hand that Monday. I was surprised how quick.

16. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

AT&T used to be fast in my area, 1900 to 2900, but lately it's been almost edge speed. 289:mad:

Ya,ya I know that's not what This thread is about, but I think it's a more interesting topic:D

17. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Having used AT&T's network during a trip to the States this past spring, I would never have made that assumption. :D