Wow AT&T...(regarding free upgrade)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blissmonkey, Jul 11, 2008.

1. blissmonkey macrumors newbie

Well... I purchased an iPhone on June 11 of this year. This was my first time with AT&T so I only had this GSM phone. So, after finding out about the iPhone 3G I read that since I purchased my phone after may 27th I was able to upgrade for free. Two days ago I went to the AT&T store I bought my iPhone and asked will I be able to upgrade for free they told me Yes. But, to be sure they had to check on the computer well it seems the deal was from May 27th to June 9th. Which meant I was not able to upgrade for free. So I called AT&T their stand on it was that June 9th was suppose to be the last day that AT&T stores were allowed to sell it. So for the past two days they have been trying to figure out if they will allow me to upgrade for free. So, it looks like no new iPhone for me for a bit.

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Leave it on 1.1.4, unlock it, put it on eBay. It will sell for about $350-$400 to someone in an iphoneless country. Take that money and upgrade your phone :)

3. blissmonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

4. iPhoneItIn macrumors newbie

Why did you buy one when you knew 3G was coming out SOON?

5. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

The point is not whether the OP knew about the 3G phone coming out soon.

The point is the OP purchased the iPhone through AT&T on Jun 11th (assume that he/she did) but June 9th was suppose to be the last day AT&T stores were allowed to sell it. (as what AT&T said to the OP).

I think the OP is entitled to the free upgrade.