WOW AT&T, Whats the deal???!!?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RickyD53, Jun 20, 2010.

1. RickyD53 macrumors regular

So i checked my order status on ATT premier, and it said updated 6/20, then i checked the regular ATT status and my order finally shows up but it says i order the 20th. and it says backordered for both the iphones i ordered. Whats the deal? Am i not getting on launch day? I ordered at 1:20 AM PST on the 15th. one of the first to actually order. any thoughts anyone?

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

hahahaha um no.

3. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

how so? when i ordered at 1:20 AM PST on the 15th when preorders opened up at 1:00AM PST on the 15th?

4. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

And if your not here to help me out, then you can leave.

5. cooljoe349 macrumors regular

cooljoe349

I'll call AT&T for you and try to figure it out.

6. BladeLWS macrumors member

The rage is strong with this one

7. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

eastern time and other times and countries had it way longer than that. just saying

8. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

are you stupid? all pre-orders opened up at 1AM PST. no one pre-ordered before that time. lol.

9. lpolarityl macrumors 6502

lpolarityl

Ricky, this is a problem with pretty much everyone who pre-ordered through AT&T. It's not something particular to you, it doesn't matter when you ordered, nothing really matters at this point. If you got your order in on the 15th before they were haulted, you should get your phone on the 24th-25th. But should and what AT&T is displaying and capable of is showing otherwise.

Edit: I suggest looking at this thread instead of waiting for someone to respond to your very common question. Also, stop raging at people, your not helping yourself any by being angry at what no one can currently answer.

10. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

o damn. i didnt see the am so i thought you meant pm.

11. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

ok, that sort of re-assures me. ima call AT&T and see whats going on. even tho i probably will get a stupid rep like always.

12. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Do you have proof of your order? Email? If not, any idiot can claim they ordered it at 4:01am.

If your claim is legit, then I'm sure ATT will ship your phone by the 28th. If not, then mid july. Either way, you will get a phone so congrats!

13. Smith288 macrumors 65816

Smith288

As my dad would say "oh bee bee huh huh" (said in a cry baby tone).

MacRumors cant help you. So either be the focus of ridicule and continue to sound like an entitled snot nose kid or go take charge of your issue and call those who could address your problem.

14. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Long timers here suggest you ignore all the web documents re: AT&T.

15. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

15 or 16? lol. im 20. proudly serving the US in the army. so you can stop wasting your time tryin to make me feel dumb, cuz its not working. lol. bye.

16. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Now to your question. AT&T is having major problems with ordering systems with the iPhone 4, not the least of which are crossed accounts, dropped orders and general confusion. Your best bet is to call customer care and see what the deal is. I would not count on getting an iPhone 4 delivered on the 24th if you ordered from AT&T, no matter when you ordered. They really dropped the ball this time around. Personally I am a little surprised that AT&T didn't wholesale cancel all orders and start over again given the level of issues and fraud with this release.

Good luck!

17. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Call AT&T and explain them everything. However, no one is safe with getting iphone on 24th until they receive one. There are just too high demands. You sound like it's going to be end of the world for not getting it on launch day.

18. RickyD53 thread starter macrumors regular

not the end of the world for me, but for my sister yes. its for her 23rd bday present from me. and i called and the rep kept saying i cant see anything blah blah blah, i cant check your order, blah blah blah. i gave up. oh well. lol.