wow big difference in my first MBA and new one.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Hello..., Dec 10, 2013.

1. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I was one of the original owners of the 2999.00 MBA, just received my refurb today and i can't believe the changes that time has made.

I think this is all i need, i ordered the iPad air, but grew a bit tiered of not having a laptops so traded in in for this. I am very happy I did.

2. nStyle macrumors 65816

iPad is nice... but it just doesn't replace a laptop... Good move.

So... 13"?

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Original MacBook Air was introduced in 2008.

We are near 2014 now so of course you are seeing a "big difference" between that and a 5+ year newer MacBook Air.

4. Alphabetize macrumors 6502

Alphabetize

The iPad is still a toy to me. I even consider myself an average user for the most part, and the iPad still cannot do simple things that I can do with a laptop. I hope you're happy with your new MacBook Air, it's an awesome machine and I hope it serves you well!

5. thebrobrah macrumors regular

yea..i remember those first airs..

i wouldnt touch those with a ten foot pole...

terrible value...

i bought my first air ..(2013) and i consider it to be great value

6. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

I had one too it was my first Mac. They were amazing machines back then. Nothing else came close.

I bought a 2010 model. Now in hoping and expecting to get the 12" retina 2014 model.

7. mvmanolov macrumors 6502a

Same here. When they first came out they were just simply waaay too expensive for average joes and much under the performance of regular MBP. but now, it is great value for 1500 half of what they used to cost you get a machine that rivals rMBP from a year ago.

8. biosci macrumors 6502a

Another 2010 MBA owner here (11"). Just waiting for more money... Among other features.. :)