WOW... Canada $$ catches up!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bobcan, Oct 17, 2007.

1. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

As a Canadian who has, for the past several years, been used to Paying many more of our CA Dollars for a U.S. Dollar.... I am now quite surprised to see that thew NEW PRICE of Leopard is THE SAME as it is in the U.S.!! That is crazy :eek:

However, the Hardware is still about 10% more ... my MBP was $2799.00 CAN and it's $2499.00 USD... Oh well... Pricing differential has stayed the same the past few months... Even with the NEW iPods...??!! :(

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

There's at least a half dozen threads on this already. Apple only changes the prices when a new product is introduced or a product is upgraded. Most of Apple's products are fairly priced with regards to the exchange rate considering the higher costs of business in Canada.

3. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

The think the Canadian dollar is worth just a little bit less than the US dollar.

Kinda amazing considering the big difference 10 years ago.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Just a little bit more, actually. US$1 = CAD$0.975

5. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

wow, when did that happen?

6. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

Yeah; it's even nicer to be Canadian right now. If the Canadian Education Store price wasn't the same as the American Retail price, I'd be tempted to buy a MBP from south of the border, but I think I'll just let FedEx handle the delivery of the new notebook rather than going to pick it up :)

Hopefully the dollar parity keeps up long enough for companies to start evening out their pricing on books/cars/software/everything. I understand that thing will have to be a bit more expensive due to tariffs & taxes and whatnot, but the difference in price on some things is just ridiculous.