WOW!!!! Check this out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dan925, Jun 22, 2010.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

My AT&T store said that they'll be available on a first come first serve basis as well, so I don't know what's up with this.

2. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

the store near me is having some available on thursday. they even are setting up the parking lot for campers. so if things change wow, there will be a lot of irate customers.

3. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

All three of my local stores said that they would have phones in stock on the 24th and that they would all be for walk ins. I think this report is false. It might simply be that the second round of phones coming wont arrive till the 29th.

4. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

That info is incorrect according to an AT&T representative

5. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. AT&T is well aware that the 24th will already be a hectic and challenging day with all the pre-order deliveries, activations, and the inevitable problems associated with the two. Adding walk-ins and further order processing would only exacerbate the situation. Not what some want to hear, but I think it would be a wise decision, to be honest.

6. dan925 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea I think it's just another rumor. but you never know..

7. DunksNOnes macrumors newbie

Just called my At&t, which isn't in a very good neighborhood, so many people don't go there to buy iphone's anyway, but that's where I've always gotten mine.. anywhoo she said they will have some available for first come first serve walk-in purchase.. I might camp, if best buy doesn't have one for me

8. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Camping in a bad neighborhood, ready to spend big bucks doesnt sounds like a good idea to me... :rolleyes:

Best of Luck tho.

9. IlliniDude macrumors regular

Let's keep this thread near the top.... Hopefully it will convince some people to stay away from my local ATT store Thursday!!

10. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Seems to me that this is a good idea. AT&T needs to fullfil the pre-orders they took, which said would be sent on the 24th. If really wanted one on launch day, you likely would have preordered it.

11. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

have you completely forgotten what the day of preorders was like?

12. brvheart macrumors 6502

to add to this, I went to ATT today - they said they would have some, dont know how many.

Went to Radioshack - they said they dont know if they are even getting them on the 24th.....

13. IlliniDude macrumors regular

Except ATT effed up my account and didn't get it figured out until after they had stopped taking pre-orders. I'd happily order from Apple and wait until July, but ATT has to manually override my eligibility in store so it's my only option.... and after Thursday who knows when they will get more in stock?

There are plenty of people that weren't able to get through to pre-order as well.

Plus, Apple and ATT want to see the long lines and campers for the free PR.

14. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

I doublechecked.

The word is around here is that it is a Nationwide issue and there will be NO iPhones for walk-ins on the 24th. Only pre-orders will be picked up if shipped to the store.

I think the AT&T stores who you guys are called haven't got the memo yet.

15. IlliniDude macrumors regular

damn- looks like it's tru after all...

DALLAS, June 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AT&T is on-track to deliver iPhone 4 to customers who preordered the device on June 15. We look forward to offering iPhone 4 to all other customers beginning Tuesday, June 29, when it goes on sale in all AT&T sales channels.

Here are a few guidelines for customers buying iPhone 4 from AT&T:

•Preordered for home or business delivery: iPhone 4 will begin arriving this week for customers who preordered. We'll send an email when each order has shipped.
    •Preordered for store delivery: AT&T retail representatives will begin calling customers this week to let them know their iPhone 4 is available for pick up in store.
    •Retail purchase (no preorder): AT&T plans to have iPhone 4 inventory – available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last – on June 29 in its retail locations, at http://www.att.com/, and in business sales channels. As inventory sells out, AT&T will offer the convenient option of purchasing iPhone 4 and having it delivered to a home or business or an AT&T store. As always, customers will receive an email once their order is placed, and again when it ships.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ATampT-Statement-on-iPhone-4-prnews-575498275.html?x=0&.v=1

16. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

damn so this is real? has anyone called att to confirm this? i was planning on waiting at att for my wife and i's. looks like im gonna have to roll the dice at apple sucks i wanted to avoid the mall mess with getting in there. :confused:

17. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Same. Im calling tomorrow to reconfirm this.

18. toanavinai macrumors member

19. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

It's true. Called to confirm with 4 surrounding ATT stores. sad face

20. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Sometimes I feel like the only sane person in the room. Why on earth would any normal customer want to do a walk-in to a third party retailer, especially AT&T, rather than hit up an Apple store? I understand that Apple stores may not be as plentiful as other chains, but the ratio of customers to stock is a joke. Best Buy 20-70, AT&T to 100, Wal-Mart 1... ONE?!

If you're going to make the effort, people, make it count. If there's an issue with your account, fix it at an AT&T store, then go to the Apple store to line up.

21. soleilvie macrumors member

I'm not sure if I can speak for others here, but there are 4 AT&Ts in my area and one authorised Mac retailer (they don't sell iPhones). The nearest Apple store is 100 miles away. I think I would rather go to AT&T than drive that far.