wow closing my Shakira thread...not cool

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by iOrlando, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iOrlando macrumors 68000

not sure which mod it was...but that just isn't cool and super douchey.

the thread was totally appropriate, G-rated, and was getting a decent amount of interest. It was put back on-topic and didnt break any of the forum rules.

whoever closed it clearly went a little too far with their own judgement and that is lame. If it was a female..and was upset over Shakira or the discussion about her..I think that raises a problem with this site.

its in the community discussion thread. I am not linking it, because whats the point now.

Just wanted to point out that mods sometimes get carried away with the power. Thats all. Rant over.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I just want to point out that this is not the way to pursue this matter. Also, calling a mod a douche or lame is probably also not the way to go about resolving this. I guess everyone could use a little growing up now and then.

3. iOrlando thread starter macrumors 68000

You dont need to talk to me about growing up. I frequent the site to such a degree that I feel I do add to the forums and got pretty pissed that one of my threads got closed for no reason besides the discussion being on how a woman is attractive. I'm sure it happens to alot of members so there's no need to keep it private. I just feel this power to simply close a perfectly fine thread that a mod doesnt like isnt right. I get no warning or message about the thread becoming bad or wrong or anything. You could have removed individual posts or something....so I really dont know what the problem is.

I wouldnt get too upset if I got a warning or at least a message saying oh by the way...we dont allow these kind of threads..etc..so I am going to close it...thats all I ask. Just confront me about it after doing it.

Its not a huge deal. but i thought it should be discussed. (and this is like the 8-9th time that one my threads were closed...so I am starting to think someone just doesnt like iOrlando threads..since they usually dont have to deal with technology)

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

If you have an issue with moderation, you should take it up with the moderators and discuss it in private.

So please pick a moderator and open dialog with them.

This is not the place.

5. iOrlando thread starter macrumors 68000

and i'm willing to discuss it with the mod that closed my thread. No point in talking to anyone else. How else would i find that person without posting here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.