wow do people really get this many 'usage' hours on their phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Feb 11, 2012.

1. himynameiscody, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012

himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

i'm not upset with what i get, usually 6 hours usage which is average. i keep bluetooth off, no push mail, wifi on, brightness at regular. most my usage comes from music in the car, safari, and texting

[​IMG]

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

What is the "Usage"?

A demanding 3D game?

Listening to 128kbps AAC files with the screen off?

Different tasks will use more battery life.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

That's about what I get on my iPhone most days. Just depends on how I use it day to day.

4. newyorksole macrumors 68030

I guess I use my phone too much because I never get that ...

WiFi on, brightness up, using Twitter/FB/Mail/Instagram/Texting/Zynga Games brings me down to like 35% after like 3 hours.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Not saying this is what the person did to produce those numbers.....

BUT

One could pop on airplane mode, run music for 2 days straight, and come back to it. You will get a 48 hour up time, according to the "stats" on that page. IMO that page is good for one thing: seeing how much use you personally get out of a phone on any given charge. It's not very useful for comparing my use, to your use, to your granddaddy's use.

6. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

Seem's reasonable to me. Typically I can get two days out of my phone on light usage although I've become accustomed to charging it nightly anyways. Here's a screenshot of one of my better usage times. This isn't my average, just a lucky one (the 9 hours was mainly music, reading blogs, texting, mail). If I let it get that low my standby average is probably closer to 40-48 hours with 9 hours of light usage.

Attached Files:

7. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

My screenshot above is with brightness at 50%. The only game I frequently play is Words with Friends, and I have found its definitely a battery killer. I wasn't playing any games during the above period though.

The other thing I have found that really drains my battery is when I am in an area of low coverage. I notice when I visit my family for a few days my battery is noticeably worse. Where my family lives I hover around 2-3 bars the majority of the time rather than the 5 bars where I am currently.

8. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

i am guessing thats because it demands more power from your internet chip to get connection, hence the worse battery.

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Wow if you guys are getting stats like that then you don't wanna see mine..

10. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

i'm baffled at why mine wouldnt be close to that when i don't use mail, bluetooth or much of anything else. mainly just wifi, facebook, and safari

11. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Deliberately trying to kill mine to calibrate, I got 8:45 of heavy usage.

12. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I'm a 'hog' with my technology. So naturally my iPhone 4 barely lasts four-five hours without needing to be back on the charger. And don't even get me started on road trips, haha. From 100% to 10% in a little over three hours.

13. Gonzo89 macrumors newbie

Is it just me or is 50% really bright? I always keep it around 25% brightness, anything higher seems way too bright. Is there anyone who actually has the slider set to 100% brightness?