wow, everythings changed now

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by egeek84, Apr 8, 2015.

1. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

checked out the verges review today like everyone else, now im worried and thinking the space grey might be better than forking out so much for the SS.

Ugh

2. kbuck1984 macrumors member

It is. Better buy. Smarter. Get it. Leave the SS for me.

3. egeek84, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015

egeek84 thread starter macrumors 6502

egeek84

actually i think im gonna get SS still......i just love this thing too much

nevermind, probably gonna go with space grey, ugh cant decide lol

4. BMox macrumors 6502

BMox

Hating the fact everyone is now going to buy the Sport version.

5. jfreak623 macrumors 6502

I was going for SS milanese loop and now I have no idea what to do after watching the verge video.

6. sterl320 macrumors 6502

same here.

7. Mythicstatus2 macrumors regular

Check this out....

WSJ Review

8. jaykk macrumors 6502a

I just skimmed thru the reviews, and didn't watch it..

Still going with SS Milanese loop . 38mm vs 42mm is still up in the air.

Now that many are not getting a SS, I will be ordering both, and try it on 10th , and cancel the one I don't need before it ships.

9. Elzbeth macrumors regular

Don't worry, I'm less excited but will still be getting the SS. I prefer the look for something that is going to be on my wrist all day, every day. :)

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

Already a thread discussing pretty much the same thing.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1863579

11. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

I love the SS :apple: Watch, but I don't think its worth the investment for the 1st gen. I think I'll wait! Thats just my personal opinion.

12. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

The Sport isn't the watch you're looking for. :p

13. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Everyone keeps acting like the bands are going to expire with the watch. What I mean is that I'm getting the stainless steel one because I like the way the bands look better for the stainless steel (yes you can get the same ones for aluminum but I don't like the way the look).

When I sell my apple watch next year, I'll sell the main part of the watch and the sport bands, and then keep my stainless steel link to use with the new stainless steel watch.

14. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

>When I sell my apple watch next year, I'll sell the main part of the watch and the sport bands, and then keep my stainless steel link to use with the new stainless steel watch.

They won't fit, the band connector will have to be redesigned from the ground up due to Gunk Build Up Bands Get Stuck -gate.

15. rolexwatch macrumors regular

Haha..good luck with that plan. How many times did iPhone accessories become obsolote due to change of the size or connectors? I bet watch2 will have a slimmer size and the v1 bands will not be compatible.

16. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

No chance. Remember the 2nd gen will be geared more towards attracting new customers rather than upgraders. Once Apple have got everyone on board the ecosystem, then they can start making changes to the design that aren't backwards-compatible, but they won't do it so early on while the watch is still establishing itself.

17. unobtainium macrumors 68000

I'm beginning to sense a theme after seeing all these reviews. They almost *all* mention slowness and frustration and awkwardness. I dunno, it's not making me feel great about pre-ordering. :confused:

18. rolexwatch macrumors regular

So what happened with the iPhone 3G? you couldn't even use the dock which came with the original iPhone. What most people still don't get about apple is that they dont give a single **** about futureproofness. Investors don't just buy apple stock everytime a new product gets out. I bet apple gets a lot of money from accessory manufacturers just to change design slightly, so you can throw your overpaid stuff away.

19. Arran, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015

Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Not everyone: The Edition customers are downgrading to stainless steel.

Both of them :)

20. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

LOL

I wonder, what's cooler - to drive a Dodge Neon while wearing The Edition With $7K strap or to drive a Mercedes wearing The Sport. (assume for a moment that the total $$ in each case is the same.) Hmm.. choices choices :D

21. ARH1956 macrumors 6502

Driving a Neon is less cool than driving any scooter, or hitch hiking with The Edition.

22. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

To match the total price, you'd have to hitchhike with The $17K Edition on each wrist! :D

23. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

This was my plan too but I was always wondering whether they would work with the next version. I feel like they should, especially the stainless steel ones because those last ages. I really wish we knew, for certain.

As it stands I'm ordering SS w/ white sport band, a link bracelet, and a Sport w/ blue band. Gonna have to let experience decide at this point.