Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ilifecomputer

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
CA
I have c39 with blue. My gf has a yellow tint. One thing i notice is that all my warmn colors look washed out where as on her phone they look rich and accurate. I also have two dead pixel looking dust specs under my glass. But good sound with no static. Gotta pick your poison. I dont think I have ever had a flawless iphone. But maybe its my bad luck. Keep us posted.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Bummer. My first 16GB 4S was perfect. C37 on that one.

Does anyone know how to even tell the replacement phone is yellow without it activating?

Will69

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=238500&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1278967512

The left

You get your serial number in settings---about.

post the first 3 digits

Thank you, sir.

My sn starts with DNP. My screen looks more like the one on the right. However, when I first got the phone and put it side-by-side with my iPhone 4, the for 4S looked more yellowish than the 4. The Apple genius went to settings and increased the brightness of the 4s and the difference reduced, but there was still a slight difference.

fender57

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
I had no idea whether my screen was yellow or blue. I pulled out my old iPhone 4 and compared it with my new iPhone 4S. Yes, I can see the difference , the i4S is "yellower" than the blue i4.

My reaction? So what? It doesn't bother me in the least. I would not have even noticed had I not read this thread.

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Yes..my exact case. The screen is not yellow at all when your using it alone. But I've used a blue tinted 4 since June 2010. My 3G and 3GS were blue too. Thats over 3 years of blue tinted screen.

Mine is off white I do miss the blue of my last three iPhones. Mine is C38.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
And people still keep putting their serial numbers with their posts...

Again, serial number doesn't mean anything with regard to screen color!

You take 10 people with a "C39" and 4 will have yellow, 3 will have blue, and 3 will be in between. There is no correlation.

That being said, for all of those with yellow screens, instead of complaining about it here, why not go to the apple store, compare with floor models and see if you can get it swapped for a better one?

AndrewR23

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I'm gonna try my luck with 3 replacements. If all 3 are duds, returning the phone.

Maybe my work will change it's policy and let me use my 4 as a personal phone too. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.