Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
So I installed XP SP3 on my MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz. Installed the drivers. Done a reboot. And theres the 2ND!! Drive. Called macintosh hd. Opened it and woola. the macintosh hd contents were there. Tehehe. I'm able to read but not write. But thats ok. Setting up file sharing in xp sucks to go from 1 computer to another. But for 2 macs connecting it's easy so once it's on my macintosh hd. I can just find the file in the macintosh hd drive in windows! I never was able to access the macintosh hd hard drive with windows on my older macbook pro 17" Early 2008:eek:

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I never was able to access the macintosh hd hard drive with windows on my older macbook pro 17" Early 2008:eek:
It's a feature of Boot Camp 3.x/Snow Leopard
http://www.apple.com/macosx/refinements/enhancements-refinements.html

HFS+ read support in Boot Camp.

Boot Camp now includes HFS+ read support that enables you to access the files on your Mac OS X partition from Windows. It’s read-only to prevent PC viruses from affecting Mac OS X, but you can easily save your work to your Windows partition and access it later from Mac OS X.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.